Hartmut Schulze-Gerlach is one of the sons of the writer Tine Schulze-Gerlach (1920–2011). He grew up in Radebeul . After working as a trained concrete worker in various professions such as driver, winegrower, postman and dockworker and in music groups, he became a singer and composer through the Peter Baptist combo.
In 1973 he joined the Gerd Michaelis Choir . As a soloist, he had the hit Isabell under the pseudonym Muck, his childhood nickname . In 1976 he left the Gerd Michaelis Choir.
On December 1st, 1976 he founded the Cantus Choir. The ensemble included the singers Tina Lenz, Gisela Klesch, Silvia Kottas , Evelin Merzdorf and the singers Benno Penssler, Vladi Slezak, Jens Hohäuser and Norbert Wolf.
In 1977 his debut LP Muck appeared with the hit Hey, little Linda . Other well-known songs by Muck are Isabell; Lady in white; Life in wonderland; Tini, please forgive me; Chocolate; Because in the morning the sun shines again; The small muck; Let's go hiking; The right woman and today the angels sleep (with Uta Bresan ).
In 1981 Schulze-Gerlach began his second career as a television presenter: In his show Sprungbrett , he offered young talents the opportunity to perform. This included Linda Feller , who made her first public appearance here and was artistically accompanied by Schulze-Gerlach in the first years of her career. In the 1990s, Schulze-Gerlach appeared temporarily under the pseudonym Thommy Raiker.
From 1995 he moderated the monthly television series Back then on MDR television . After 23 years, Schulze-Gerlach gave up the moderation of the oldies show. He had decided this two years earlier and announced it at the end of July 2018. He wants to dedicate himself to new projects. On October 14, 2018, he hosted the show for the last time. In November, Wolfgang Lippert took over the moderation.
Schulze-Gerlach lives with his wife, a freelance television production manager, and two children on a former farm on the island of Rügen .
- 1977: Muck ( Amiga )
- 1979: Muck 2 (Amiga)
- 1982: Episodes (Amiga, with the Cantus Choir)
- 1986: A Second of Eternity (Amiga)
- 1991: We should sit together again
- 2000: Hey little Linda (with Linda Feller)
- 2001: It is so easy to love you
- 2008: The Great Successes (compilation)
- HP Hofmann: Beat Lexicon. Performers, authors, technical terms . VEB Lied der Zeit Musikverlag, Berlin (East) 1977.
- Helga Heine: Hartmut Schulze Gerlach, called Muck . In: 44 Schlagerinterpreten , VEB Lied der Zeit , Musikverlag, Berlin (GDR) 1978, pp. 161–163.
- Hartmut Schulze-Gerlach in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Works by and about Hartmut Schulze-Gerlach in the catalog of the German National Library
- Muck at Discogs (English)
- Official website
- Helga Heine: Hartmut Schulze Gerlach, called Muck . In: 44 Schlagerinterpreten , VEB Lied der Zeit , Musikverlag, Berlin (GDR) 1978, p. 162
- Muck says goodbye to "Back then it was". In: mdr.de. Mitteldeutscher Rundfunk , July 30, 2018, accessed on July 31, 2018 .
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Muck (pseudonym); Raiker, Thommy (pseudonym)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German singer and presenter|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 19, 1948|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Dresden|