|owner||Publisher Heinz Heise|
The main focus of the intelligence service is information and telecommunications technology and related areas, but also the social impact of these technologies. With over 22 million visits per month (as of April 2019), it is one of the most popular German-language IT news sites.
History and content
As the first website Heise was www.ix.de of iX . Until the summer of 1996, www.ix.de was also the website of c't von Heise instead of www.heise.de . At that time, both addresses led to the same goal, a homepage with a web link to news and web links to tables of contents of current journals of the publisher. The news started on April 17, 1996 with an article from the c't. In 1999 the start page became a news ticker . In 2008, we started to focus on selected articles on the homepage.
The Heise news ticker had an average of 24.9 million individual visits ( including around 3.6 million from abroad) and around 143.3 million individual page views (according to IVW ) per month from July to October 2011 . The "7-day news" is an overview of the "Heise News - messages of the day" published in the last seven days.
Furthermore, the online appearances of the practice-oriented print media of the Heise Verlag are bundled, such as c't - "Magazin für Computertechnik" , iX , Technology Review , c't digital photography , Mac & i - magazine about Apple, Heise mobil - Magazine for mobile devices and applications, Heise Autos , Heise Netze , Heise open , Heise resale - magazine for marketing and business, Heise Security , Heisetreff , Heise Developer , Heise Open Source and the online magazine Telepolis .
The - caused by the large number of coming from Heise Internet users - temporary unavailability of a news story in a linked external Web page is similar to the Slashdot effect as Heise effect or Heise- DoS referred.
Heise Online has also been represented on YouTube since 2011 and produces videos as live streams and podcasts , etc. a. in the ranks of c't uplink , c't zockt , nachgeha c ' t and the #heiseshow, which has been weekly since 2016 . In the 100th #heiseshow in February 2018, the main participants presented themselves according to seniority, answered questions from the audience and showed the mascot Ms. Mahlzahn live.
Judgment on forum liability
In connection with the reporting by Heise online and the Internet forum, some fundamental court decisions have been made. Among other things, they concerned the following legal issues:
- Liability for hyperlinks to software designed to defeat copy protection mechanisms
- Forum liability for contributions from users
- Exclusion of participants in Internet forums
- Violation of personal rights with a link to a photo of a person ( right to one's own picture )
- Online usage data April 2019 - Computer category . Information community to determine the distribution of advertising media. Accessed on May 14, 2019.
- History . Heise media group. Retrieved September 26, 2016.
- Imprint . In: c't . No. 7 . Verlag Heinz Heise, 1996 ( online [accessed on 23 September 2014]).
- Imprint . In: c't . No. 8 . Verlag Heinz Heise, 1996 ( online [accessed on 23 September 2014]).
- www.ix.de . Internet Archive . November 5, 1996. Archived from the original on November 5, 1996. Retrieved September 23, 2014.
- www.heise.de . Internet Archive. December 22, 1996. Archived from the original on December 22, 1996. Retrieved on September 23, 2014.
- www.ix.de/newsticker/older.html . Internet Archive. June 7, 1997. Archived from the original on June 7, 1997. Retrieved September 23, 2014.
- www.heise.de . Internet Archive. February 25, 1999. Archived from the original on February 25, 1999. Retrieved September 23, 2014.
- www.heise.de . Internet Archive. April 17, 1999. Archived from the original on April 17, 1999. Retrieved on September 23, 2014.
- www.heise.de . Internet Archive. May 14, 2008. Archived from the original on May 14, 2008. Retrieved on September 23, 2014.
- www.heise.de . Internet Archive. August 28, 2008. Archived from the original on August 28, 2008. Retrieved on September 23, 2014.
- www.heise.de . Internet Archive. March 6, 2009. Archived from the original on March 6, 2009. Retrieved September 23, 2014.
- Hal Faber: “Ungluable”: 10 years of news ticker at heise online. In: Heise online . April 17, 2006 . Retrieved March 11, 2016 .; Quote: "Let's just take the little message about a letter of complaint that led to one of the first 'secret' sites because of too many hits."
- Access blog: News from the browser corner . German Disability Aid - Aktion Mensch e. V., April 19, 2005, quote: “Since the ftp and web servers were either not yet up to date or under the /. or suffered the heise effect, we hadn't said anything about it in the daily water level report. "
- heise online. In: YouTube . Heise Medien , 2011, accessed on October 13, 2016 (user profile).
- Martin Holland, Volker Zota, u. a .: The weekly dose of technology news and network politics. In: #heiseshow. Heise Online, January 28, 2016, accessed October 13, 2016 ( video page ).
- Martin Holland: Ask us Anything for the 100th episode - For the anniversary we answer questions from viewers. Heise Online, February 22, 2018, accessed on February 22, 2018 ( video page ).
- Federal Court of Justice full text , accessed on June 3, 2020.
- Holger Bleich: Verdict: Heise is liable for forum posts even without knowledge. In: Heise online . December 5, 2005 ( full text of the judgment ). Retrieved March 11, 2016.
- Joerg Heidrich: LG Düsseldorf: No liability for interference by a forum operator. In: Heise online . July 3, 2007 ( full text of the judgment ). Retrieved March 11, 2016.
- Judgment: Virtual domiciliary rights for forum operators at e-recht24.de; Full text
- Holger Bleich: Verdict: Link to photo can violate personal rights. In: Heise online . August 3, 2007 ( full text of the judgment ). Retrieved March 11, 2016.