Helmut Nier started his music career as an orchestral musician in Radebeul in 1938 . He was one of the co-founders of the Association of Composers and Musicologists of the GDR . By winning a composers competition, Nier was given the opportunity to compose the music for the 1957 crime film Spur in die Nacht . He established himself as a film composer and composed around 200 film scores for cinema, television and documentary films, including Das Märchenschloß , Schwarze Panther and Die Gerechten von Kummerow . His compositions for the series Zur See and the multi-part series Krupp and Krause achieved particular fame .
Parallel to the film music, Nier also wrote and composed songs and musicals. Among other things, his musical Sieg der Musen was premiered in 1969 in the Metropol Theater in Berlin. He worked with lyricists such as Willy Schüller , Helmut Kießling and Johannes Kretzschmar . For his artistic success he was awarded the Theodor Körner Prize in 1984.
After the German reunification , Nier worked as a freelance composer. In 2002 he died after a serious illness at the age of 82 in Stahnsdorf, where he had lived since the 1960s due to the proximity to the film studios in Babelsberg.
- 1957: track into the night
- 1959: SAS 181 does not answer
- 1959: On a special order
- 1959: May punch
- 1960: New Year's Eve punch
- 1961: The fairytale castle
- 1962: Oh, you happy ...
- 1962: Dance on Saturday - murder?
- 1963: The bald gang
- 1963: Reserved for death
- 1963: Lucie and the Angler from Paris (TV movie)
- 1964: black velvet
- 1966: Black panthers
- 1968: Heroin
- 1970: The killer sits in Wembley Stadium
- 1970: Fish for four (TV movie)
- 1971: KLK to PTX - Die Rote Kapelle
- 1972: The pictures of the witness Schattmann
- 1973: Eva and Adam (TV four-part series)
- 1974: The Secret of Oedipus
- 1974: Police call 110: incorrect calculation
- 1974: Visa for Ocantros
- 1974–1977: Zur See (TV series, nine episodes)
- 1975: In the land of plenty
- 1975: Criminal cases without example: Murder in the Märkisches Viertel (TV series)
- 1977: Police call 110: Tired of being alone
- 1980: Nobody has stayed on top yet
- 1982: Benno makes stories
- 1982: the end of a patron
- 1982: The Righteous von Kummerow
- 1985: astray
- 1989: The honorable five
- Helmut Nier in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Literature by and about Helmut Nier in the catalog of the German National Library
- Composer Helmut Nier is dead
- Film composer at Defa: Helmut Nier died . In: Berliner Morgenpost , vol. 104, no. 203, July 28, 2002, p. 12.
- Composer Helmut Nier is dead . In: Lausitzer Rundschau , July 29, 2002.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German composer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 24, 1919|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Dresden|
|DATE OF DEATH||July 26, 2002|
|Place of death||Stahnsdorf|