Jerzy Artur Bahr (born April 23, 1944 in Kraków ; † July 25, 2016 there ) was the Ambassador of the Republic of Poland to the Russian Federation from 2006 to 2010 . From March 1, 2005 to December 22, 2005, Bahr was head of the National Security Bureau of the Republic of Poland ( Biuro Bezpieczeństwa Narodowego ).
Live and act
Bahr studied sociology at the Jagiellonian University in Kraków . From 1974 he worked for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of Poland . From 1974 to 1980 Bahr worked for the Embassy of the People's Republic of Poland in Bucharest .
After General Jaruzelski declared martial law in Poland in 1981 , Bahr fled to Vienna . In 1983 he was granted political asylum in Austria . In the following years he worked for Radio Free Europe . From 1985 to 1991 he worked for the Eastern European Studies Institute in Bern-Freiburg (Friborg) .
In 1989 he returned to Poland. At first he worked as an advisor to the Polish embassy in Moscow. In his work for the Polish Foreign Ministry, he was Director of the Europe II Department from 1994 to 1996. From 1996 to 2001, Bahr was the Polish Ambassador to Ukraine in Kiev . Subsequently, Bahr was Ambassador to Lithuania in Vilnius from 2001 to 2005 . From March 1, 2005 to December 22, 2005, Bahr was head of the National Security Bureau of the Republic of Poland ( Biuro Bezpieczeństwa Narodowego ). Since May 19, 2006, Bahr was Poland's ambassador to Moscow , the capital of Russia , and was dismissed from this post on September 30, 2010.
Awards and honors
- Order Polonia Restituta , Commander-in-Chief with Star (2010)
- Order of Polonia Restituta, Commander-in-Chief (2005)
- Bene Merito (Poland) (2009)
- Three Star Order , Commander (2005)
- Order for Services to Lithuania , Commander (2005)
- Uczestnicy posiedzenia GST, Warszawa, Pałacyk MSZ na Foksal 6, 31 maja –1 czerwca 2012. In: msz.gov.pl. 2012, accessed July 19, 2019 (Polish).
- Wręczenie przez ministra Radosława Sikorskiego odznaki Bene Merito (Foreign Minister Sikorski awards the Bene Merito Order)
- Postanowienie Prezydenta Rzeczypospolitej Polskiej z dnia 10 listopada 2010 r. o nadaniu orderów. Retrieved July 19, 2019 .
- Postanowienie Prezydenta Rzeczypospolitej Polskiej z dnia 20 grudnia 2005 r. o nadaniu orderów i odznaczeń. Retrieved July 19, 2019 .
- Wręczenie odznaczeń "Bene Merito" przez Ministra Spraw Zagranicznych Radoslawa Sikorskiego. Retrieved July 19, 2019 .
- Wayback Machine. September 10, 2017, accessed July 19, 2019 (Latvian).
- Apdovanotų asmenų duomenų bazė. In: grybauskaite.is.lt. Retrieved July 19, 2019 (Lithuanian).
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Polish ambassador to Russia|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 23, 1944|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Krakow|
|DATE OF DEATH||July 25, 2016|
|Place of death||Krakow|