Joachim Krüger (historian)
Joachim Krüger (born November 15, 1971 in Barth ) is a German historian and university professor .
From 1991 to 1994 he studied Protestant theology at the universities in Greifswald and Heidelberg and from 1994 to 2000 History and Prehistory ( Magister , two main subjects) and a minor in Swedish . During the Promotion (2001-2004) at the Historical Institute of the University of Greifswald in Michael North , issue the sovereign coinage in the Duchy of Pomerania and Swedish Pomerania in the early modern period (1580-1715) , funded by a state graduate scholarship from the state of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern was he guest fellow at the graduate college Kontaktzone Mare Baltikum. Strangeness and Integration in the Baltic Sea Region .
As a research assistant (2004–2007) at the Chair of Nordic History at the Historical Institute of the University of Greifswald, he carried out his own research project at the Danish Rigsarkivet in Copenhagen in collaboration with the Saxo-Institutet, Københavns Universitet , subject: Pomeranica and Sueco-Pomeranica in the Danish National Archives in Copenhagen (until 2008). From 2007 to 2013 he was a research assistant at the Chair of Nordic History at the Historical Institute of the Ernst-Moritz-Arndt University of Greifswald.
From 2013 to 2017 he moved to the Schleswig-Holstein State Museums Foundation at Gottorf Castle in Schleswig . From 2013 to 2015 he was curator of the special exhibition "From swords, sails and cannons - the sinking of Princess Hedvig Sofia" in collaboration with The Maritime Museum of Finland in Kotka and from 2015 to 2017 curator of the special exhibition "Luther's North" in collaboration with the Pomeranian State Museum Greifswald and the north church . After his habilitation in 2017 for the subjects Middle Ages and Early Modern Times with the habilitation thesis The last attempt at a hegemonic policy on Öresund: Denmark-Norway and the Great Northern War (1700–1721) , he took on the substitute professorship from the 2017/2018 winter semester to the 2019/2020 winter semester of the chair for general history of the Middle Ages and historical auxiliary sciences at the historical institute.
Krüger is a member of the Historical Commission for Pomerania .
His research interests are the history of Scandinavia in the Middle Ages and early modern times, general history of the Middle Ages and early modern times, monetary and economic history, historical auxiliary sciences, history of the Reformation, comparative national and regional history, the Great Northern War, maritime history and underwater archeology , especially the Bronze Age in the Tollensetal .
- Between the Empire and Sweden. The sovereign coinage in the Duchy of Pomerania and in Swedish Pomerania in the early modern period (approx. 1580–1715) (= Nordic history. Volume 3). LIT, Berlin 2006, ISBN 3-8258-9768-0 (also dissertation, Greifswald 2004).
- Wolgast in the ashes. Selected sources on the lustration of the city in the Danish era (1715–1721) (= publications by the Chair of Nordic History. Volume 8). Panzig, Greifswald 2007, ISBN 3-86006-295-6 .
- Denmark and Pomerania. Subject-related archive inventory on the holdings of Pomeranica and Sueco-Pomeranica in the Danish Imperial Archives in Copenhagen (= publications of the Chair of Nordic History. Volume 12). Panzig, Greifswald 2010, ISBN 978-3-86006-349-1 .
- The last attempt at a hegemonic policy on the Oresund. Denmark-Norway and the Great Northern War (1700-1721) (= Nordic history, vol. 13). LIT, Berlin 2019, ISBN 978-3-643-14480-5 .
- with Carola Häntsch and Jens E. Olesen : Thomas Thorild (1759–1808). A Swedish philosopher in Greifswald (= publications of the chair for Nordic history. Volume 10). Panzig, Greifswald 2008, ISBN 978-3-86006-326-2 .
- with Martin Krieger : Regna firmat pietas. State and statehood in the Baltic Sea region. Ceremony for the 60th birthday of Jens E. Olesen . Greifswald 2010, ISBN 978-3-86006-359-0 .
- with Ralf Gunnar Werlich and Norbert Buske : The Dukes of Pomerania. Evidence of the rule of the Griffin House. For the 100th anniversary of the Historical Commission for Pomerania (= publications of the Historical Commission for Pomerania. Series V. Volume 45). Böhlau, Vienna et al. 2012, ISBN 3-412-20712-8 .
- with Ralf Bleile: "Princess Hedvig Sofia" and the Great Northern War . Sandstein Verlag, Dresden 2015, ISBN 3-95498-166-1 .
- with Kirsten Baumann and Uta Kuhl: Luther's North . Michael Imhof Verlag, Petersberg 2017, ISBN 978-3-7319-0414-4 .
- Publications by Joachim Krüger in the Opac der Regesta Imperii
- Vita at the University of Greifswald
- Vita and publications at the Historical Commission for Pomerania
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German historian and university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||15th November 1971|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Barth|