Johann Samuel Publ
Ersch founded with the Handbook of German literature since the mid-18th century , the German bibliography and gave together with Johann Gottfried Gruber the unfinished General Encyclopedia of Science and Arts in 167 volumes with over 78,000 pages out (Leipzig 1818-1889). Counting up the volumes published, this edition would have consisted of almost 300 volumes at regular completion. His work in Halle was preceded by studies at the library in Göttingen , the editing of the "Neue Hamburger Zeitung", the collaboration on the magazine "Allgemeine Deutsche Bibliothek" and his work as a librarian and professor in Jena .
- Repertory on the general German journals and other periodical collections . 3 volumes, Lemgo 1790–1792
- General repertory of literature for the years 1785–1800 , 8 volumes. Weimar 1793-1807
- The learned France or Lexicon of the French writers from 1771 - 1796. Hamburg 1797
- Allgemeine Literatur-Zeitung (with Christian Gottfried Schütz ). Hall 1804–1849
- Handbook about the Kingdom of Westphalia: for instruction on land u. Inhabitants, constitution, administration etc. external conditions d. State at all u. its individual parts in particular; along with e. Delay d. noblest court u. State officials; with e. Kt. Of d. Kgr. Westphalen . Halle: Hemmerde and Schwetschke 1808
- Handbook of German literature since the middle of the 18th century (as publisher). 1812-1814
- General Encyclopedia of Sciences and Arts (with Johann Gottfried Gruber ), 167 volumes. Leipzig 1818–1889. Digitized
- Franz Schnorr von Carolsfeld : Ed. Johann Samuel . In: Allgemeine Deutsche Biographie (ADB). Volume 6, Duncker & Humblot, Leipzig 1877, pp. 329-331.
- Hans Lülfing : In: New German Biography (NDB). Volume 4, Duncker & Humblot, Berlin 1959, ISBN 3-428-00185-0 , p. 632 ( ).
- Joachim Bahlcke : Johann Samuelersch (1766-1828) - a Silesian scholarly life . In: Marek Halub, Anna Manko-Matysiak (eds.): Slaska republika uczonych - Silesian Republic of Scholars - Slezská vedecká obec. Wrocław 2004, ISBN 83-89247-64-X , pp. 338–354.
- Joachim Bahlcke: Encyclopedia and Enlightenment in Literary Germany. On the life and work of the Silesian librarian Johann Samuelersch (1766–1828) . In: Reports and Research. Yearbook of the Federal Institute for East German Culture and History . Volume 5, 1997. ISBN 3-486-56349-1 , .
- Literature by and about Johann Samuel appears in the catalog of the German National Library
- Works by and about Johann Samuel Ed in the German Digital Library
- Entry on Johann Samuelansch in the Catalogus Professorum Halensis
- Download possible at the Munich digitization center after entering a free key number issued online
- C. G Schütz and JS Verlag (ed.): Allgemeine Literatur-Zeitung on the year 1821. First volume. January to April. , Royal Saxon. privil. Newspaper expedition. Halle and Leipzig 1821., Allgemeine Literatur-Zeitung. (January-April 1821) , accessed June 9, 2014
|SURNAME||Appear, Johann Samuel|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German librarian and university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 23, 1766|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Großglogau|
|DATE OF DEATH||January 16, 1828|
|Place of death||Halle (Saale)|