Julius von Hardegg
Julius von Hardegg (born April 11, 1810 in Ludwigsburg , † September 16, 1875 in Stuttgart ) was a Württemberg lieutenant general and military writer .
Julius von Hardegg was a son of the chief medical officer and personal physician Johann Georg von Hardegg in Ludwigsburg. The later War Minister of Württemberg, Oskar von Hardegg, was his younger brother. Julius von Hardegg was first educated in the military school in Ludwigsburg and on April 3, 1828, joined the General Staff as a lieutenant . Between 1833 and 1843 he was the tutor of the Crown Prince and later King Charles I of Württemberg. Hardegg became Major in the General Staff in 1843 and held lectures at the Ludwigsburg War School for the next six years. In 1849 he was promoted to colonel and chief of the Württemberg general staff. Further steps in his military career were:
- 1850 Appointed wing adjutant
- 1855 Promotion to general adjutant of the king
- 1859 commander of the Württemberg infantry division and governor of Stuttgart
However, his sickness soon forced him to retire from active service. In 1864 he was appointed agent at the Federal Military Commission in Frankfurt am Main , but in 1865 he took his leave.
Julius von Hardegg died in Stuttgart on September 16, 1875.
- 1839 Knight's Cross of the Order of the Württemberg Crown , which was associated with the personal title of nobility.
- 1853 Commentary Cross of the Order of the Württemberg Crown.
- 1861 Grand Cross of the Order of Frederick
- anonymous: Basics of instructions for studying the history of war . Stuttgart (1841)
- anonymous: lectures on the history of war . 3 vols. Stuttgart u. Darmstadt (1851)
- anonymous: sketch of a lecture on general staff science . Stuttgart (1854)
- The siege of Sevastopol after the work of General Niel . Stuttgart (1859)
- Dear Crown Prince! Dear friend! Correspondence between Bettine von Arnim and Karl von Württemberg. With an appendix: Correspondence between Bettine von Arnim and Julius von Hardegg , ed. by Ulrike Landfester and Friderike Loos. Heidelberg (1998)
- August Wintterlin : Hardegg, Julius von . In: Allgemeine Deutsche Biographie (ADB). Volume 10, Duncker & Humblot, Leipzig 1879, p. 557 f.
- ↑ Royal Württemberg Court and State Handbook 1847, page 42
- ↑ Court and State Handbook of the Kingdom of Württemberg 1866, page 35
- ↑ Court and State Handbook of the Kingdom of Württemberg 1866, page 57
|SURNAME||Hardegg, Julius von|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Württemberg lieutenant general and military writer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 11, 1810|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Ludwigsburg|
|DATE OF DEATH||September 16, 1875|
|Place of death||Stuttgart|