Karl Fleischer (journalist)
Karl Walter Fleischer , also called Charly (born February 12, 1915 in Hanover ; † June 24, 2002 in Hamburg ) was a German television journalist , news anchor and actor. He gained fame primarily as a long-time spokesman for the Tagesschau .
Karl Fleischer trained as an actor . During the Second World War he belonged to the ensemble of a soldiers' theater founded on Heligoland , which performed on the North and Baltic Sea islands. After the end of the war, he performed at the Hamburger Schauspielhaus for a few years .
In 1947 he began as a speaker for the Northwest German Broadcasting Corporation with the program Echo des Tages . In 1955 he had some small roles in German feature films such as that of an unnamed officer in Children, Mothers and a General and a Corporal in Sleeping Bag Company .
From 1960 he was the spokesman for the regional news reports from the day on North German broadcasting , sports reporting on NDR radio and the Tagesschau on ARD . He rarely took on the main edition of the Tagesschau , but often spoke the show in the morning. Fleischer appeared for the last time on the Tagesschau on May 27, 1994 . Then he resigned as their longest-serving spokesman.
Karl Fleischer died after a long illness at the age of 87 in Hamburg.
In an obituary, Fleischer described the world as a Tagesschau spokesperson, who spoke with a “sonorous” and “voluminous bass voice”, “looked strictly into the camera” and thus “excelled in the good old news times, which were not yet covered with infotainment had to do “fit. He was "a role model for many subsequent speakers [...]".
- Charles Fleischer in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Karl Fleischer at filmportal.de
- Mister Tagesschau obituary in Die Welt
- Tagesschau spokesman Karl Fleischer (photo from 1975) Picture gallery 60 years of ARD in Süddeutsche
- News anchor Karl Fleischer (more recent photo) Picture gallery The faces of the Tagesschau in the Tagesspiegel
- Timo Fehrensen: Mister Tagesschau. In: Die Welt , June 29, 2002. Retrieved November 24, 2012.
- Former Tagesschau spokesman Karl Fleischer died. NDR press office, June 26, 2002. Accessed November 24, 2012.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Fleischer, Karl Walter (full name); Butcher, Charly (nickname)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German television journalist, news anchor and actor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 12, 1915|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Hanover|
|DATE OF DEATH||June 24, 2002|
|Place of death||Hamburg|