Flint was born on September 17, 1969 in Redbridge , London , England, to Clive and Yvonne Flint. He first grew up in East London . In the mid-1970s, his parents moved to Springfield , Essex . Flint's childhood was not very happy, his parents divorced. After attending Boswells School in Chelmsford , he moved to Braintree , Essex. Flint suffered from dyslexia . Considered a smart boy, he was a bother in class and was expelled from school at the age of 15. He then found a job as a roofer. Musically he was active in the acid house scene.
In the late 1980s he met the later Prodigy mastermind Liam Howlett in a rave club and shared his enthusiasm for electronic music , which was inspired by the British underground scene. Flint offered Howlett to dance while the music was playing on the stage. A little later, in 1990, Flint got into Howlett's new project The Prodigy .
Flint, who originally only appeared as a dancer, first took on the role of singer in the hit single Firestarter in 1996 . The video and especially Flint's appearance were rated very differently. His look was reminiscent of that of punk . Keith Flint sang again on the next single, Breathe . In contrast to the 2004 album Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned , he is featured more often on the 1997 album The Fat of the Land . His appearance with clothing style, face jewelry and hairstyle was able to polarize the mid-1990s.
His first solo album called Device # 1 was released in 2003 by Universal .
Flint was found dead on the morning of March 4, 2019 after the police were called to Flint's house. The police rated his death as "not suspicious". His bandmate Liam Howlett assumed a suicide and spread the message via the official band website.
For David Pfeifer, an editor of the Süddeutsche Zeitung, Flint was "the first rock star in electronic dance music".
- Keith Flint at Discogs (English)
- Keith Flint in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Jenni Zylka : On the death of Keith Flint. Firestarter forever. In: Spiegel Online . 4th March 2019 .
- Adam Sweeting: Keith Flint obituary. In: TheGuardian.com . March 4, 2019, accessed March 5, 2019 .
- England & Wales, Birth Index: 1916-2005. September 1969, Volume 5d, p. 2989.
- Keith Flint 1969-2019. In: TheProdigy.info. Accessed March 5, 2019 .
- Mark Savage: The Prodigy's Keith Flint, this aged 49. In: BBC.co.uk . March 4, 2019, accessed March 4, 2019 .
- Keith Flint. In: Netglimse.com. Archived from the original on December 5, 2014 ; accessed on March 5, 2019 .
- The Prodigy. In: Poplexikon.com. Archived from the original on September 13, 2009 ; accessed on March 5, 2019 .
- Christoph Koch : And the thing with the new drug. Keith Flint. In: Intro.de . June 20, 2003, archived from the original on October 25, 2017 ; accessed on March 5, 2019 .
- Prodigy singer Keith Flint is dead. In: Tagesspiegel.de . March 4, 2019, accessed March 5, 2019 .
- The Prodigy front man Keith Flint found dead. In: Welt.de . March 4, 2019, accessed March 5, 2019 .
- David Pfeifer: The pain of which one gets intoxicated. In: Sueddeutsche.de. March 4, 2019, accessed March 10, 2019 .
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Flint, Keith Charles (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||British singer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||17th September 1969|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Redbridge , London , United Kingdom|
|DATE OF DEATH||4th March 2019|
|Place of death||Great Dunmow , Essex , United Kingdom|