London Borough of Redbridge
|London Borough of Redbridge|
|was standing||June 30, 2018|
The London Borough of Redbridge [ ˈɹɛdbɹɪdʒ ] is a borough of London . It is in the northeast of the city. When the Greater London Administrative Region was founded in 1965, it emerged from the Municipal Borough of Ilford , the Municipal Borough of Wanstead and Woodford and parts of the Municipal Borough of Dagenham and the Chigwell Urban District in Essex . The district name comes from a bridge over the Roding River .
The population in 2008 was composed of 57.6% white, 27.7% Asian, 9.5% black and 1.1% Chinese.
* - There are still no articles of their own for the respective districts, only forwarding here.
- Peter Arundell (1933–2009), racing car driver
- Kenny Ball (1930–2013), jazz musician
- Sidney Bernstein, Baron Bernstein (1899–1993), media entrepreneur
- John Boardman (born 1927), archaeologist
- Vince Clarke (born 1960), musician
- Stuart Conquest (* 1967), chess grandmaster
- Keith Flint (1969-2019), musician (The Prodigy)
- Lynn Fontanne (1887–1983), actress
- Tim Garland (* 1966), jazz musician
- Anton Gill (* 1948), author
- John Carmel Heenan (1905–1975), Archbishop
- Paul Ince (* 1967), football player
- Jessie J (* 1988), singer
- Kathy Kirby (1938-2011), singer
- Jane Leeves (born 1961), actress
- Louise Lombard (* 1970), film actress
- Frank Lupton (1854–1888), administrator in Sudan
- Raymond Lygo (1924–2012), Admiral, Industry Manager
- Stanley Morison (1889–1967), typographer
- Keith Nichols (* 1945), jazz musician, arranger and band leader
- Ruth Pitter (1897–1992), poet
- Ruth Rendell (1930–2015), writer
- Phyllis Sellick (1911-2007), pianist
- Maggie Smith (born 1934), actress
- Redbridge Borough Council (district administration)
- Mid 2018 Estimates of the population for the UK, England and Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland
- ONS mid-2007 Ethnic Group Population Estimates. (PDF, 89 KB) (No longer available online.) Greater London Authority, October 2009, archived from the original on July 19, 2011 ; accessed on May 23, 2011 (English). Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.