Kevin Scott Mack
He grew up in Los Angeles, the son of Brice Mack , a background artist at Disney. He studied art, illustration and film at the Art Center College of Design , but did not graduate. His first visual effects employer in 1983 was Coast Special Effects in North Hollywood, where he created miniatures and animated clay figures for commercials and films.
In 1993 he went to Digital Domain , where he was involved in such films as Interview with a Vampire , Apollo 13 and The Fifth Element . In 1999 he received the Oscar for Best Visual Effects for Behind the Horizon . In 2002 he moved to Sony Imageworks where he worked for six years.
He lives in Los Angeles with his wife, Snow Mack, who works as an artist and has two sons with her. His son Jon Mack also works in the field of visual effects and was involved in the feature film Cloud Atlas , for example .
- 1982: The Incredible Journey in a Crazy Spaceship (Airplane II: The Sequel)
- 1985: Night Train to Terror (Shiver)
- 1986: Flight of the Navigator (Flight of the Navigator)
- 1986: The Night of the Creeps (Night of the Creeps)
- 1988: Dracula's Widow (Dracula's Widow)
- 1988: Lazy Tricks and Pious Sayings (Pass the Ammo)
- 1988: Track 29 - A Dangerous Game (Track 29)
- 1988 Too Young the Hero
- 1989: Abyss - The Abyss
- 1990: Disaster Flight 243 (Miracle Landing)
- 1990: Starfire (Solar Crisis)
- 1991: Flight of the Intruder (Flight of the Intruder)
- 1991: Rendezvous in the Hereafter (Defending Your Life)
- 1992: Army of Darkness (Army of Darkness)
- 1992: Freejack - Hostage of the Future (Freejack)
- 1993: RoboCop 3
- 1993: Surf Ninjas
- 1994: Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles
- 1994: True Lies (True Lies)
- 1995: Apollo 13
- 1997: The Fifth Element (The Fifth Element)
- 1997: Red Corner - Labyrinth with no way out (Red Corner)
- 1998: Beyond the Horizon (What Dreams May Come)
- 1999: Fight Club
- 2000: The Grinch (How the Grinch Stole Christmas)
- 2001: A Beautiful Mind - Genie und Wahnsinn (A Beautiful Mind)
- 2001: Vanilla Sky
- 2003: Big Fish (Big Fish)
- 2005: The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio
- 2007: Ghost Rider
- 2008: Speed Racer
- 2010: Percy Jackson: Thieves in Olympus (Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief)
- 2011: Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close)
- 2015: Fantastic Four
- 1999: Oscar for Best Visual Effects for Beyond the Horizon
- 2000: BAFTA Film Award nomination for Best Visual Effects for Big Fish
- California Birth Index. Retrieved January 25, 2015 .
- Animation vet Brice Mack dies at 90. January 21, 2008, accessed on January 25, 2015 (English).
- biography of Kevin Scott Mack on his official website. Retrieved January 25, 2015 .
- Inside the runaway brain of f / x guru Kevin Mack. 1999, accessed January 25, 2015 .
|SURNAME||Mack, Kevin Scott|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Mack, Kevin|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American film technician for visual effects|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 23, 1959|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||los Angeles|