|Date of birth||December 9, 1984|
|place of birth||Seoul , South Korea|
(until 2007: Kangwon Land)
|since 2014||Anyang Halla|
Kim Hyun-soo began his career as a hockey player on the Hanyang University team . In 2006 he moved to Team Kangwon Land , which was renamed High1 in 2007 , in the Asia League Ice Hockey . With the team he won the South Korean Ice Hockey Cup in 2006 and 2007 . After six years at High1, he went to Daemyung Sangmu , the newly formed third South Korean team in the Asia League Ice Hockey. However, he only stayed there for a year and in October 2014 he moved to Anyang Halla , the most successful South Korean team he has played for ever since. With Anyang he won the Asia League in 2016, 2017 and 2018.
For South Korea Kim Hyun-soo first took part in the U20 World Cup 2004 in Division II, where he finished second with the East Asians.
At the 2006 World Cup Division II , Kim made his debut in the South Korean men's team . Three years later he was nominated again and won the Division II tournament with the team. He then represented his home country at the 2010 , 2011 , 2012 , 2014 and 2015 World Championships in Division I. He also took part in the 2011 Asian Games and won with there with the South Koreans behind Kazakhstan and Japan the bronze medal.
Achievements and Awards
- 2007 South Korean cup winner with High1
- 2008 South Korean cup winner with High1
- 2009 Promotion to Division I at the World Cup Division II, Group B
- 2011 bronze medal at the 2011 Asian Winter Games
- 2012 Promotion to Division I, Group A, at the World Championship Division I, Group B
- 2015 Promotion to Division I, Group A, at the World Championship of Division I, Group B
- 2016 won the Asia League Ice Hockey with Anyang Halla
- 2017 win the Asia League Ice Hockey with Anyang Halla
- 2018 win the Asia League Ice Hockey with Anyang Halla
Asia League statistics
(Status: end of the 2017/18 season)
- South Korean squad list at the 2006 World Cup , which shows that Kim was playing for Hanyang University at the time. Retrieved January 25, 2014.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||김현수 (Hangeul); Gim Hyeon-su (revised romanization); Kim Hyŏnsu (McCune-Reischauer)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||South Korean ice hockey player|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 9, 1984|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Seoul , South Korea|