Lore Steubing (aka Eleonore, born February 1, 1922 in Hamm / Westphalia ; † January 1, 2012 ) was a German botanist and university professor . Lore Steubing's main research areas were plant ecophysiology , soil ecology and environmental protection .
Live and act
Lore Steubing studied from 1940 to 1944 natural sciences and especially botany at the University of Berlin under Kurt Noack and from 1944 to 1945 at the University of Greifswald under Erich Leick (1882-1956). In 1947 she received her PhD from the University of Greifswald. rer. nat. PhD. Topic of her dissertation: " Contributions to the ecology of the Hiddenseer sandy beach plants with special consideration of the root systems ".
From 1946 she was an assistant assistant and from 1947 to 1952 assistant at the Biological Research Institute of the University of Greifswald on Hiddensee with the geneticist Robert Bauch .
She completed her habilitation in 1952 at the Potsdam University of Education . Her habilitation thesis is entitled: “ Contributions to the problem of wind protection. l. The dew and its influence by wind protection systems, 2. Experimental studies on the change in location factors caused by wind protection systems ”.
From 1952 Lore Steubing was senior assistant at the Botanical Institute of the University of Berlin with Wolfgang Müller-Stoll (1909–1994), from 1953 lecturer, from 1957 professor with teaching position for general botany and geobotany at the PH Potsdam, from 1954 to 1957 also lecturer for plant ecology , sociology and geography , from 1957 to 1958 employee of the agrometeorological research center of the German Weather Service in Giessen.
In 1958 she became an assistant at the Botanical Institute of the University of Gießen with Dietrich von Denffer , in the same year a lecturer, 1959 an extraordinary professor and finally from 1969 to 1988 she was full professor and director of the newly founded Institute for Plant Ecology at the University of Gießen. In 1990 she became an honorary professor at the Pedagogical University of East China in Shanghai / China . From 1994 she was an honorary professor and associate professor at the Universidad Austral de Chile in Valdivia / Chile . In the same year she was awarded an honorary doctorate from the Agricultural University of Gödöllő / Hungary.
Lore Steubing died as a result of an accident while traveling.
- 1990: Honorary professor at the Pedagogical University of East China in Shanghai / China
- 1994: Honorary Professor and Associate Professor at the Universidad Austral de Chile in Valdivia (Chile)
- 1994: Dr. hc from the Agricultural University of Gödöllö (Hungary) for their services to environmental research.
- L. Steubing & K. Michael: Lessons for the distance learning of upper level teachers: Plant physiological internship 1st part. - Potsdam University of Education , VEB German Publishing House for Science 1956
- L. Steubing & C. Polter: Lessons for distance learning for high school teachers: Plant physiology internship 2nd part. - Potsdam University of Education, VEB Deutscher Verlag der Wissenschaften 1957
- L. Steubing: Plant ecology internship-Parey Verlag, Berlin 1965
- L. Steubing & Ch. Kunze: Plant-ecological experiments on environmental pollution. - Verlag Quelle & Meyer, Heidelberg 1980
- L. Steubing & HO Schwantes : Ecological botany. - UTB 888, Verlag Quelle & Meyer, Heidelberg 1981, 1988, 1992
- L. Steubing & HJ Jäger: Monitoring of air pollutants by plants. - Junk Publ. The Hague, Boston, London 1982
- L. Steubing & A. Fangmeier: Plant ecology internship. - UTB, Ulm Stuttgart 1992
- L. Steubing & K. Buchwald: Ecological principles of nature and environmental protection. - Fischer, Jena 1995
- L. Steubing, R. Godoy & M. Alberdi: Métodos de Ecología vegetal. - Editorial Universitaria, Santiago 2002
- Wilfrid Bach , HW Georgii & L. Steubing: Pollution and protection of the earth's atmosphere. - Economica Verlag Munich 1995
- Literature by and about Lore Steubing in the catalog of the German National Library
- ↑ Mourning for Prof. Dr. Dr. hc Lore Steubing. Press release 2/2012. Justus Liebig University , January 4, 2012, accessed on January 4, 2012 .
- ↑ Prof. Lore Steubing died at the age of 89. In: Gießener Anzeiger. January 5, 2012, archived from the original on September 24, 2012 ; Retrieved September 24, 2012 .
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Steubing, Eleonore|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German botanist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 1, 1922|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Hamm|
|DATE OF DEATH||January 1, 2012|