The Protestant Blank studied political science at the Eberhard Karls University in Tübingen . In 1919 he was reciprocated in the Corps Franconia Tübingen . 1920 became Dr. sc. pol. PhD. From 1922 to 1939 he was head of the Berlin administration office of Gutehoffnungshütte . He then took part in the Second World War as a Wehrmacht soldier until 1945 . From 1945 he was director of the Gutehoffnungshütte headquarters. Blank was a member of the German Atlantic Society and also spoke at the lecture series of the State and Economic Political Society . He was also chairman of the board of directors of the Industrie-Pensions-Verein eV
Originally, Blank belonged to the Free Democratic Party . He was co-author of the FDP economic program from 1948. He left the Liberals in 1956 with the so-called "Minister Wing" (also known as the Euler Group ) in protest against the coalition change in North Rhine-Westphalia and co-founded the Free People's Party (FVP). In March 1957 he became a member of the German party through the union of the FVP with the DP . Blank was a member of the German Bundestag from the first federal election in 1949 to 1957. From 1953 until he left the party, he was the parliamentary manager of the FDP parliamentary group. He then held the same office in the FVP parliamentary group. 1952 to 1957 Blank was deputy chairman of the budget committee of the Bundestag . He chaired the subcommittee on auditing from 1953 to 1957.
Along with Erwin Schoettle ( SPD ), Rudolf Vogel ( CDU ), Wilfried Keller ( GB / BHE ) and Heinrich Schild ( DP ), Blank was one of the first members of the trust committee for the secret budget of the federal intelligence services , which met for the first time on February 22, 1956 .
From July 16, 1952 to October 29, 1957 Blank was also a member of the European Parliament , in which he was chairman of the Committee on Budget and Administration.
- List of members of the German Bundestag (1st electoral period)
- List of members of the German Bundestag (2nd electoral term)
- List of members of the European Parliament before 1979
- List of corporate members of the Bundestag
- Rudolf Vierhaus , Ludolf Herbst (eds.), Bruno Jahn (collaborators): Biographical manual of the members of the German Bundestag. 1949-2002. Vol. 1: A-M. KG Saur, Munich 2002, ISBN 3-598-23782-0 , pp. 72-73.
- Kösener Corpslisten 1996, 39/794.
- Dissertation: The relationship between industry and fashion, examined on the textile and button industry in Barmen during the years 1900–1914 .
- Dr. Blank, A. Ungar, H. Spilker: Annual Report 1957 . Ed .: Industrie-Pensions-Verein eV Cologne, May 19, 1958, p. 6 .
- Thomas Wolf: The emergence of the BND. Structure, financing, control (= Jost Dülffer, Klaus-Dietmar Henke, Wolfgang Krieger, Rolf-Dieter Müller [eds.]: Publications of the Independent Commission of Historians for Researching the History of the Federal Intelligence Service 1945–1968 . Volume 9 ). 1st edition. Ch. Links Verlag, Berlin 2018, ISBN 978-3-96289-022-3 , pp. 356 .
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Blank, Martin Hans Werner (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politicians (FDP, FVP, DP), Member of the Bundestag, MEP|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 5, 1897|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Barmen|
|DATE OF DEATH||March 11, 1972|
|Place of death||Bremen|