Matthias Senkel (* 1977 in Greiz ) is a German writer .
Senkel studied from 1998 at the German Literature Institute in Leipzig and then intercultural European and American studies at the Martin Luther University in Halle . Since 2002 he has published poetry and prose. He plays the electric bass for the band Zellrasen.
In 2009 Senkel won the “open mike” literature award from the Berlin literature workshop and the taz audience award . In July 2012 he took part in the Ingeborg Bachmann Prize in Klagenfurt at the invitation of Paul Jandl . In 2013 his debut novel Early Birds was awarded the Rauris Literature Prize and the Uwe Johnson Sponsorship Prize. His second novel, Dark Numbers , received a nomination for the Leipzig Book Fair Prize in the “ Fiction ” category in 2018 and was also on the long list of the German Book Prize in the same year . In 2020 he was invited by Hubert Winkels to the 44th Days of German-Language Literature and was once again shortlisted for the Ingeborg Bachmann Prize . https://bachmannpreis.orf.at/stories/3054177/
- Nina says. In: Michael Hametner (Ed.): Yesterday morning, tonight and other stories. Faber & Faber, Leipzig 2005.
- 8 × love³. In: Heike Hauf (Ed.): 16. open mike. Allitera, Munich 2008 ( online ).
- Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang. In: Heike Hauf (Ed.): 17. open mike. Allitera, Munich 2009 ( online , PDF; 97 kB)
- Fidye. In: Edit - paper for new texts. 57, 2011.
- K. In: BELLA triste. No. 31, 2011.
- Notes from the sanatorium. In: Hubert Winkels (Ed.): Klagenfurt texts. Piper, Munich 2012.
- Hefringsø. Model kit for an insignificant island. In: SALZ - magazine for literature. No. 151, 2013.
- Twickenham-Jerichow Express. In: Holger Helbig et al. (Ed.): Johnson yearbook. Volume 21. Wallstein, Göttingen 2014, ISSN 0945-9227, pp. 35-40.
- Early birds. With a comic by Maryna Zhdanko. Structure, Berlin 2012, ISBN 978-3-351-03385-9 .
- Dark numbers. Matthes & Seitz, Berlin 2018, ISBN 978-3-95757-539-5 .
- Literature by and about Matthias Senkel in the catalog of the German National Library
- Matthias Senkel on the homepage of Matthes & Seitz Berlin
- Short biography and reviews of works by Matthias Senkel at perlentaucher.de
- ↑ Homepage of the Uwe Johnson Prize ( Memento from May 27, 2016 in the Internet Archive )
- ^ Zellrasen by Zellrasen , in: Free Music Archive, November 10, 2011.
- ↑ Homepage of the literature workshop
- ↑ Homepage of the Bachmann Prize .
- ^ Rauriser Literaturtage: Grand Prize 2013 to Senkel in: Salzburger Nachrichten, February 5, 2013.
- ↑ Uwe Johnson Prize goes to Matthias Senkel , in: Nordkurier, September 3, 2013.
- ↑ How the shortlist comes about: bachmannpreis.orf.at (June 21, 2020), accessed on June 29, 2020.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German writer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1977|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Greiz|