Stasinopoulos studied law at the National and Kapodistrias University of Athens and received his doctorate in 1934. In 1937, he received an assistant professorship in administrative law. In 1943 he became a professor at the Pantion University of Athens , whose rector he was from 1951 to 1959. From 1960 Stasinopoulos was Vice-President of the State Council , the highest administrative court, and from 1966 to 1969 its President. In 1968 he became a member of the Athens Academy. In both 1969 and 1970, Stasinopoulos was proposed by votes from the French judiciary for the Nobel Peace Prize. In 1975 Stasinopoulos became a judge and from 1976 to 1978 was a judge at the International Court of Justice in The Hague . In 1978 Stasinopoulos became President of the Academy of Athens .
Stasinopoulos was head of the Greek radio station EIR (Ethniko Idryma Radiofonias) from 1951 to 1953.
In 1952 he acted as acting minister to the prime minister and as minister of labor under Dimitrios Kiousopoulos , under Konstantinos Georgakopoulos he was again minister at the prime minister in 1958.
Stasinopoulos became a member of the parliamentary elections in 1974 for the Nea Dimokratia . On December 18, 1974 - ten days after the referendum on the form of government in Greece - Stasinopoulos was elected the first president of Greece after the military dictatorship with 206 out of 300 votes in parliament. On June 20, 1975, Stasinopoulos handed over the office to Konstantinos Tsatsos .
Stasinopoulos was a writer from his youth who initially published his texts in the magazine Mousa (Μούσα 'Muse'). In addition to scientific texts, he also wrote translations of French poetry and prose.
- Jannis Valasidis: Biographies of leading personalities from the political life of Greece. In: Klaus-Detlev Grothusen (Hrsg.): Südosteuropa-Handbuch. Volume III. Greece. Verlag Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, Göttingen 1980, p. 698. ISBN 3-525-36202-1
- Hermann Bünz, Reinhard Kunze: Supreme organs. In: Klaus-Detlev Grothusen (Hrsg.): Südosteuropa-Handbuch. Volume III. Greece. Verlag Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, Göttingen 1980, p. 640.
- Πρόεδροι της Ακαδημίας Αθηνών από την ίδρυσή της, Aκαδημία Aθηνών ( Memento from May 17, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) (Greek)
- Cabinet Kiousopoulos homepage of the Greek government
- Cabinet Georgakopoulos Greek Government Homepage
- Bünz, Kunze 1980, p. 625.
- Mikhail Stasinopoulos portrait on the Greek Presidency page (Greek)
- Michail Stasinopoulos biography , Διοικητικού Δικαίου Μ. Στασινοπούλου (Greek)
- Michail Stasinopoulos biography Εθνικού Κέντρου Βιβλίου (ΕΚΕΒΙ) (Greek)
- Michail Stasinopoulos, poems (Greek)
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Greek lawyer and politician, President (1974–1975)|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 27, 1903|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Messini|
|DATE OF DEATH||October 31, 2002|
|Place of death||Athens|