Nicola Badalucco (born May 13, 1929 in Milan , † June 17, 2015 in Rome ) was an Italian screenwriter .
Live and act
Badalucco grew up in Trapani . He studied law at the University of Palermo and worked as a lawyer for several years. In 1954 he moved to Rome and began writing for film magazines such as Cinema nuovo and Bianco e nero .
In 1966 Badalucco gave up journalism and turned to writing scripts. After a chance encounter with director and screenwriter Luchino Visconti , he got the opportunity to work with him and Enrico Medioli on the original screenplay for the film The Damned . After the film was released, they received an Oscar nomination for their performance . Badalucco and Visconti then wrote the screenplay for the successful Thomas Mann adaptation Death in Venice .
In the following years Badalucco wrote scripts for over 30 feature films. He worked with Italian directors such as Mauro Bolognini , Giuliano Montaldo and Damiano Damiani .
From 1982 to 1996 he was a lecturer in screenwriting at the Centro Sperimentale di Cinematografia in Rome.
- 1970 : Oscar nomination for Best Original Screenplay for The Damned
- 2004: Order of Merit of the Italian Republic , "Commendatore" class
- 1969: The Damned (La caduta degli dei)
- 1971: Death in Venice (Morte a Venezia)
- 1972: The Sicilian (Torino nera)
- 1973: They called him Flatfoot (Piedone lo sbirro)
- 1974: Two Fists of Heaven (Uomini duri)
- 1975: The big thing (babysitter)
- 1976: Settlement in San Francisco (Gli esecutori)
- 1976: Agnes dies (L'Agnese va a morire)
- 1977: I'm scared (Io ho paura)
- 1978: The fatal circle (Circuito chiuso) (TV movie)
- 1978: Goodbye and Amen (Goodbye e amen)
- 1979: A man on his knees (Un uomo in ginocchio)
- 1979: Changing years (Anni struggenti)
- 1980: The Deadly Warning (L'avvertimento)
- 1984: Alone Against the Mafia (La piovra) (TV series)
- 1985: Me and the Duce (Mussolini and I) (TV movie)
- 1987: Farewell Moscow (Mosca addio)
- 1987: glasses with gold rim (Gli occhiali d'oro)
- 1987: The Secret of the Sahara (Il segreto del Sahara)
- 1991: The vultures are already waiting (L'avvoltoio può attendere)
- 1991: Rossini! Rossini!
- 1995: The Broken Silence (Non parlo più) (TV movie)
- 1996: Menacing Shadows (La casa dove abitava Corinne) (TV movie)
- 2009: Sisi (TV movie)
- Literature by and about Nicola Badalucco in the bibliographic database WorldCat
- Nicola Badalucco in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Biography in the Enciclopedia del Cinema (Italian)
- ↑ Morto Nicola Badalucco ( Memento from September 24, 2015 in the Internet Archive )
- ↑ Marzia G. Pacella Lea: Badalucco, Nicola In: Enciclopedia del Cinema , accessed January 5, 2014.
- ^ Vita of Nicola Badalucco ( memento from January 6, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) ipcsrl.com, accessed on December 25, 2019.
- ↑ Badalucco Dott. Nicola, Commendatore Ordine al Merito della Repubblica Italiana quirinale.it, accessed January 5, 2014.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Italian screenwriter|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 13, 1929|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Milan|
|DATE OF DEATH||17th June 2015|
|Place of death||Rome|