City of RavensburgCoordinates: 47 ° 45 ′ 9 ″ N , 9 ° 34 ′ 22 ″ E
|Height :||427 m|
|Area :||2 km²|
|Residents :||2122 (Dec 31, 1996)|
|Population density :||1,061 inhabitants / km²|
|Postal code :||88213|
|Area code :||0751|
Site map (19th century)
Oberzell is a district in the village of Taldorf in Ravensburg .
- A settlement in the valley of the Schussen must have arisen as early as 816 on the site of today's Oberzell, when Ludwig the Pious allowed his serf priest Engilbert in a document to hand over his goods in the middle Schussental to the Reichenau monastery .
Since the Reichenau monastery in the Schussental only had one property in Oberzell, Engilberts' goods must have been Oberzell.
- 1198 a Cella superior is mentioned in the Salmer document book .
- The Truchsessen von Waldburg were enfeoffed with the rule of Oberzell from the Reichenau monastery . Oberzell later passed (partially in 1239 and completely in 1313) to the neighboring Weißenau monastery , in whose possession it remained until the secularization in 1803. In 1823 Oberzell was incorporated into Taldorf.
- Primary school Oberzell
- Fanfare procession Oberzell
- Musikverein Oberzell
- Sports club Oberzell
- Fools guild Oberzell
- Catholic Young Community Oberzell (KJG)
- Franz Bayer (1884–1967), painter and restorer
- Engilbert (9th century), priest, monk and founder of Oberzell
- Gebhard Fugel (1863–1939), painter
- Information on the village of Taldorf and the respective districts on the official website of the city of Ravensburg
- ↑ Alfons Dreher: History of the imperial city of Ravensburg and its landscape from the beginnings to the mediatization in 1802. 2 volumes. Dorn, Ravensburg 1972, ISBN 3-87437-084-4 (Volume 1) and ISBN 3-87437-085-2 (Volume 2)