The son of the philosopher Henri Reverdin studied philology at the University of Geneva , the Sorbonne , the Collège de France , the École pratique des hautes études and the École française d'Athènes . He received his doctorate in 1945. From 1945 to 1958 he was the Bundeshaus editor and from 1954 to 1959 he was also editor-in-chief of the Journal de Genève . From 1958 to 1983 he was a full professor of Greek language and literature at the University of Geneva.
From 1955 to 1971 he was a member of the National Council and from 1971 to 1979 the Council of States . From 1969 to 1972 Reverdin was the first Swiss President of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe .
- La Religion de la Cité Platonienne , 1945
- La Guerre du Sonderbund vue par le Général Dufour, Éditions Slatkine , 1947, documentation
- Quatorze calvinistes chez les topinambours , 1956
- La Crète, berceau de la civilization européenne , 1960
- Connaissance de la Suisse , 1962
- as editor: L'epigramme grecque. (= Entretiens sur l'antiquité classique. Volume 14) Vandoeuvres-Geneva 1968. ISBN 978-2-600-04407-3 .
- Homère chez Calvin. Mélanges Olivier Reverdin. Droz, Genève 2000.
- Literature by and about Olivier Reverdin in the catalog of the German National Library
- Literature by and about Olivier Reverdin in the SUDOC catalog (Association of French University Libraries)
- Jean de Senarclens: Reverdin, Olivier. In: Historical Lexicon of Switzerland .
- Obituary for Olivier Reverdin, former President of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe , website of the Federal Assembly
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Swiss classical philologist, journalist and politician|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 15, 1913|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Geneva|
|DATE OF DEATH||June 16, 2000|
|Place of death||Geneva|