Orenair emerged from the holdings of the Soviet Aeroflot , which was split up in the early 1990s , and was initially called Orenburg Airlines after its place of origin .
In 2010, the Russian government decided to reintegrate Orenair, together with other regional airlines, into Aeroflot, which Orenair took over as a wholly-owned subsidiary in November 2011.
In October 2011 Orenair was able to take over its first Boeing 777-200ER , making it the second operator of this type of aircraft in Russia after Transaero Airlines . The machine came from the inventory of the French Air Austral .
On March 27, 2016, the airline stopped its own flight operations due to the merger with sister airline Rossiya . By this time, the airline had carried 491,346 passengers since the beginning of the year.
Orenair operated scheduled flights from Orenburg and the neighboring city of Orsk to Moscow and various other Russian cities. International connections of the company existed from Orenburg to some Central Asian cities such as Dushanbe and Tashkent as well as to Dublin and from May 2009 also to Germany, where Dusseldorf , Hanover and Munich were served. Barnaul , Omsk and Chelyabinsk were also served from Düsseldorf in the summer . In addition, charter flights were carried out, including to Sharm El Sheikh and Hurghada .
As of October 2015, the Orenair fleet consisted of 19 aircraft:
- Orenair website (Russian, English)
- Russian Aviation Agency : Passenger Statistics of Russian Airlines 2015/2016. (PDF) Retrieved August 25, 2017 (Russian).
- airliners.de - Aeroflot on the way to old size? February 3, 2010
- Polina Borodina: Russia's Rostechnology finalizes transfer of five regional carriers to Aeroflot , Air Transport World. November 22, 2011. Archived from the original on September 10, 2012.
- Inclusion of the Boeing 777-200ER in the Airliners.net database , accessed on October 27, 2011
- Enlarged Rossiya gets a new dress , accessed on May 27, 2016
- airliners.de: Orenair takes flights to Munich on June 21, 2013
- Ch-aviation : Fleet , accessed on October 21, 2015