Paul-Josef Raue (born June 13, 1950 in Castrop-Rauxel ; † March 11, 2019 in Wolfenbüttel ) was a German journalist and non-fiction author . He was editor-in-chief of several daily newspapers, most recently at Thüringer Allgemeine until August 2015 , before retiring at his own request.
During his journalistic career, Raue was a correspondent and later editor-in-chief of the Oberhessische Presse before he founded "immediately after the fall of the Wall [...] the Eisenacher Presse and thus the first all-German daily newspaper after the war", at that time an offshoot of what later became the Thüringische Landeszeitung (TLZ) belonging to Central German General . His work as editor-in-chief of the Frankfurter Neue Presse (FNP), which he began in 1996, ended in 1997 after “different conceptual views on the future path of the newspaper”. In 1999 Raue was a member of the founding editorial team of the business magazine Econy , which was originally published as an offshoot of manager magazin and which was later continued as the business magazine brand eins . From his subsequent work as editor of Magdeburg People's Voice , was eliminated from the year 1999, from which it "in a friendly atmosphere" changed Raue in September 2001 in the same capacity for the Braunschweiger Zeitung (BZ).
After it had been announced on November 26, 2009 that Paul-Josef Raue would replace the previous editor-in-chief of Thüringer Allgemeine (TA), Sergej Lochthofen , at the turn of the year, this step was taken early on December 2, 2009. The move to Thüringer Allgemeine means a return of Raues to the Thuringia newspaper group (ZGT) and a renewed collaboration with Martin Jaschke, spokesman for the ZGT management, who also came from the BZ in 2008 - but at the same time he will remain within the WAZ media group . The rough successor at BZ is Armin Maus .
For many years Raue also worked as a part-time lecturer .
- Raiffeisen: A life for a just society: A biography about the founder of modern cooperatives , Klartext Verlag 2018, ISBN 978-3-8375-2026-2
- Vote. Koch, Marburg 1994, ISBN 3-924269-62-9 .
- The new handbook of journalism. (together with Wolf Schneider ). Rowohlt , Reinbek 2003, ISBN 3-499-61569-X .
- Border hike. Klartext Verlag, Essen 2010, ISBN 978-3-8375-0459-0 .
- My turn. How Thuringians mastered the peaceful revolution. Klartext Verlag , Essen 2011, ISBN 978-3-8375-0529-0 .
- Luther's style teaching , clear text, Essen, 2017
- Literature by and about Paul-Josef Raue in the catalog of the German National Library
- The new handbook of journalism and online journalism blog for the book by Paul-Josef Raue
- Steffen Grimberg: Organized demotivation. Zoff at the "Thüringer Allgemeine". In: taz. June 7, 2012, accessed May 3, 2019 .
- Armin Maus : The teacher. ( Obituary ), In: Braunschweiger Zeitung of March 18, 2019 ( Paywall ).
- Editor-in-chief of the "Thüringer Allgemeine" leaves early. (No longer available online.) MDR Online, August 14, 2015, formerly in the original ; accessed on August 15, 2015 . ( Page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Stefan Kläsener: Cross-border commuters with a thirst for discovery. (PHP) In: Thüringer Allgemeine (Online). Thüringer Allgemeine Verlag, December 2, 2009, archived from the original on December 2, 2009 ; accessed on October 11, 2016 .
- Paul Josef Raue leaves the "FNP". Federal Association of German Newspaper Publishers, September 5, 1997, accessed on December 1, 2009 : "The Frankfurter Neue Presse (FNP) and its editor-in-chief Paul Josef Raue are ending their collaboration after two years because of" different conceptual views on the future path of the newspaper "[... ] "
- Raue is the editor of the “Magdeburger Volksstimme”. In: HORIZONT online, February 3, 1999 (accessed June 28, 2016).
- Ronald Wagereit: So far unknown low point. Publisher Heinz Bauer apparently wants to produce daily newspapers like bosom and bosom papers. (Not available online.) In: People Make media (mmm) - mmm.verdi.de. United Service Union (ver.di) / Department 8 (Media, Art, Industry), Federal Executive, 2001, archived from the original on January 6, 2016 ; accessed on December 1, 2009 : "In a friendly atmosphere", so it said in a short message from the management of the "Magdeburger Volksstimme" in May to the workforce, works council and the public, Paul-Josef Raue will change as editor-in-chief of the paper in the same autumn Function for the "Braunschweiger Zeitung" [...] " Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Paul-Josef Raue takes over editor-in-chief of the “Thüringer Allgemeine”. (PDF; 55 kB) (No longer available online.) WAZ Media Group, November 26, 2009, formerly in the original ; accessed on November 26, 2009 : "[...] Paul Josef Raue (59), editor-in-chief of the" Braunschweiger Zeitung ", will take over the management of the" Thüringer Allgemeine "(TA), which is also part of the WAZ media group and is based in Erfurt [...] Paul-Josef Raue's successor in Braunschweig will initially be temporarily taken over by the deputy editor-in-chief Stefan Kläsener (45) [...] "
- WAZ Group is managing editor from Lochthofen. In: Welt Online. November 26, 2009, accessed on November 26, 2009 : “[…] Sergej Lochthofen (56) at the“ Thüringer Allgemeine ”will be replaced by Paul-Josef Raue (59), editor-in-chief of the“ Braunschweiger Zeitung ”[…] Raue's successor in Braunschweig will initially be temporarily taken over by the deputy editor-in-chief Stefan Kläsener (45) [...] "
- According to Nazi comparison: WAZ group dismisses the boss of the "Thüringer Allgemeine". In: Spiegel Online - Kultur. December 2, 2009, accessed on December 2, 2009 : “The controversial change at the“ Thüringer Allgemeine ”in Erfurt is happening faster than planned: Editor-in-chief Sergej Lochthofen was released from running the daily newspaper on Tuesday, and his successor Paul will take over on Wednesday -Josef Raue. This was announced by the management of the Thuringia newspaper group (ZGT) on Tuesday. Originally, Lochthofen's replacement should not take place until the end of the year [...] "
- Immediate change at the TA tip. (PHP) (No longer available online.) In: Wir über uns. TA-Extra. Thüringer Allgemeine Verlag, December 2, 2009, archived from the original on December 1, 2009 ; accessed on December 2, 2009 : “The change in the editor-in-chief of this newspaper announced by the management of the Thuringia newspaper group (ZGT) at the end of the year has already been carried out today. The new editor-in-chief of the "Thüringer Allgemeine", Paul-Josef Raue, who was previously at the head of the "Braunschweiger Zeitung", presented himself today at a staff meeting of the TA editorial team [...] “ Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and still is Not checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- People: Dr. Martin Jaschke moves to Thuringia . In: Braunschweiger Zeitung - Economy . Braunschweig October 19, 2007, p. 6 (Quote: "Dr. Martin Jaschke will leave the management of the Braunschweiger Zeitungsverlag in the course of the next year and will take on the role of spokesman for the management of the Thuringia newspaper group within the WAZ media group [...]").
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German journalist and non-fiction author|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 13, 1950|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Castrop-Rauxel|
|DATE OF DEATH||March 11, 2019|
|Place of death||Wolfenbüttel|