The Reichsbahndirektion Königsberg was the successor to the Royal Prussian Railway Directorate Königsberg , which was founded during the reform of the Prussian State Railways in 1895.
After the Prussian State Railways had merged into the Deutsche Reichsbahn in 1920 , the management was renamed Reichsbahndirektion Königsberg .
After the occupation of Poland by Germany in World War II , a Reichsbahndirektion Danzig was established in 1939 . In 1940 it took over the Danzig – Deutsch-Eylau – Warsaw route and all the Königsberg directorate routes to the west of it. On January 22, 1945, the last through train ran from Königsberg to Berlin.
On March 1, 1946, the RBD Königsberg processing center in Hamburg-Altona , which managed rescued personnel files, was closed.
The area of this Reichsbahndirektion extended over the Prussian province of East Prussia with the West Prussian areas in the southwest ( administrative region West Prussia ) that remained with the German Reich after the First World War .
Significant routes within the management were:
- the Prussian Eastern Railway ( Berlin - Schneidemühl ) - Marienburg ( West Prussia ) - Elbing - Königsberg and on via Insterburg to Eydtkuhnen on the Lithuanian border.
- (Berlin– Frankfurt (Oder) - Posen - Thorn -) German Eylau - Allenstein –Insterburg– Tilsit (- Memel )
- the right Vistula web from Marienburg to Garnsee , the 1902-1914 also by quick and express trains has been traveled.
- the 1903 nationalized railway line from Marienburg to Mlawka .
- the East Prussian Southern Railway, nationalized in 1903, from Königsberg via Rastenburg, Korschen-Lötzen and Lyck to the Polish border station Grajewo .
- the 1903 nationalized Tilsit - Insterburger Eisenbahn
- Königsberg– Allenstein , which has been used by express trains since 1911.
Address: Suburban Langgasse 117/121 ( Ленинский проспект 111—117).
- Official pocket timetable for Königsberg (Pr.) And Danzig - annual timetable 1943. Reichsbahndirektion Königsberg (Pr.) And Danzig - annual timetable 1943 - Valid from May 17, 1943, Verlag Rockstuhl, Bad Langensalza, 1st reprint edition 2006, ISBN 3-937135 -97-9 .
- Wolfgang Klee: Prussian railway history . Kohlhammer, Stuttgart 1982. ISBN 3-17-007466-0
- Map of the RBD Koenigsberg
- Railway Directorate in Königsberg (Pr) Timeline: Establishments - Designations - Dissolutions
- Klee, p. 179.