Rein A. Zondergeld
He graduated from high school in Heerenveen in 1961 . After a short time as an assistant director at the Thalia Theater in Hamburg, he studied German , English and comparative literature at the University of Groningen from 1961 to 1966 . From 1966 to 1968 he studied German, English, theater and musicology at the LMU Munich . He completed his “Doctoral Exam” in 1968 in Groningen. He taught from 1969 to 2008 as a lecturer for Dutch language and literature and Afrikaans at the University of Göttingen ; then he continued to work there with teaching assignments.
Zondergeld has published several anthologies and encyclopedias on fantastic literature and has written numerous essays on this topic. As a music critic, he wrote for daily newspapers and specialist magazines, among others. a. for the Neue Zeitschrift für Musik "," Musica "and" Opera "(London). Zondergeld made music programs on WDR (including Pietro Mascagni and Franz Schreker ) and conducted interviews (with Jörg Krichbaum ) with Julien Green , Iris Murdoch and James, among others Graham Ballard .
- DuMont's small lexicon of fantastic painting (with Jörg Krichbaum ), DuMont Verlag, Cologne 1977. ISBN 3-7701-0908-2 (second, improved edition 1980; American version: Dictionary of fantastic art , Barron's, Woodbury 1985)
- Artists. From antiquity to the present (with Jörg Krichbaum), DuMont Verlag, Cologne 1979. ISBN 3-7701-1110-9
- Lexicon of Fantastic Literature , Suhrkamp Verlag Frankfurt / Main 1983, ISBN 3-518-37380-3 ( Fantastic Library Vol. 91). Extended new version together with Holger E. Wiedenstried, Weitbrecht Verlag, Stuttgart 1998. ISBN 3-522-72175-6
- Alain Delon - His films - His life , Heyne Verlag, Munich 1984. ISBN 3-453-86070-5 (sixth edition and new version under the title: Alain Delon - The ice cold angel. His films, his life . Heyne Verlag, Munich 1994 , ISBN 3-453-08125-0 ) (translations into many languages)
- Kindler's Neues Literaturlexikon (specialist advisor for Dutch and Flemish literature and Afrikaans), Munich 1988–1992. (Also contains many articles on the fantastic)
- Piper's encyclopedia of musical theater (articles on, among others, Mascagni, Mercadante, Verdi). (from vol. 3, 1989)
- Between harmlessness and heroism, music in the III. Reich , in “Klassik heute”, July, August 1999 (with discography).
- Knight of heaven. Falcons and falconers in the late romantic opera . In "Librarium" (I, 2004)
- Phacon . Almanac of Fantastic Literature . 5 volumes, Suhrkamp-Taschenbuch-Verlag, Frankfurt / Main 1974–1982.
- Fever. Fantastic stories from the Netherlands . Translated by Holger E. Wiedenstried, Wagenbach, Berlin 2006. ISBN 978-3-8031-1240-8
- Shadow play. Fantastic stories from the Third Reich , Carolingian, Vienna and Leipzig 2008. ISBN 978-3-85418-129-3
As a translator (selection)
- Jean Ray : Malpertuis . Fantastic novel , Insel Verlag, Frankfurt / Main 1974. ISBN 3-458-05822-2 , new edition: Festa Verlag. Leipzig, 2004. ISBN 3-935822-97-9
- Felix Timmermans : Dawns of Death , with illustrations by the author, afterword by Jörg Krichbaum, Insel-Verlag, Frankfurt / Main 1978. ISBN 3-458-31997-2
- Julien Green : Jugend , Suhrkamp Verlag, Frankfurt / Main, 1980; 2nd edition, together with Ende der Jugend , Herbig, Munich / Berlin, 1987. ISBN 3-7766-1455-2
- Literature by and about Rein A. Zondergeld in the catalog of the German National Library
- Homepage of Zondergeld
|SURNAME||Zondergeld, Rein A.|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Dutch-German author, editor and editor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1943|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Enkhuizen|