Rolf Krebs was born the son of the chemist Kurt Krebs and his wife Helene. In 1958 he made at the secondary school in Frankenberg / Sa. graduated from high school and shortly afterwards moved to West Germany. In 1959 he passed the additional high school diploma at the Karl Rehbein School in Hanau . After graduating from high school, he studied medicine in Frankfurt am Main , Erlangen and Mainz from 1959 to 1966 . In 1959 he became a member of the Corps Palaio-Alsatia in Frankfurt .
In Mainz, Krebs was awarded a Dr. med. PhD . In 1972 he received his license to practice medicine, which was followed by training as a specialist in pharmacology . In 1971 he received his habilitation in Mainz and two years later he was a scientific advisor and professor of pharmacology and toxicology . In 1976 he ended his university career and switched to industry at Bayer AG . In 1986, Krebs became deputy managing director of Bayer Italia Spa. Three years later, he joined the management team at competitor Boehringer Ingelheim . From 2001 to the end of 2003 he was spokesman for the company's management. Until the end of 2003 he was also a managing partner of Boehringer Ingelheim.
On July 1, 2005, Krebs became a member of the shareholders' council of E. Merck KG. From July 1, 2006, he was a member of the Supervisory Board of Merck KGaA , and on July 1, 2009 he was elected Chairman of the Supervisory Board, succeeding Wilhelm Simson . His work on the Supervisory Board there ended with the 2014 Annual General Meeting; He was succeeded by Wolfgang Büchele.
Krebs has been married since 1963 and the marriage resulted in two children.
Functions and honors
Krebs was President of the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations ( EFPIA ) from 1996 to 1998 . He was President of the International Association of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers (IFPMA) from 2000 to 2002.
In 1999 Rolf Krebs received the Great Silver Decoration for Services to the Republic of Austria .
- H. Martens: Subsidizing the poor. In: Der Spiegel 17, 2001, p. 102.
- Prof. Rolf Krebs is retiring
- Prof. Dr. Rolf Krebs ( Memento from November 20, 2008 in the Internet Archive ) Rolf Krebs' curriculum vitae
- Kösener Corpslisten 1996, 112 , 252.
- S. Müller: Changes in the Supervisory Board of Merck KGaA. Press release from Merck KGaA dated May 3, 2006.
- Heads of the economy: Rolf Krebs. ( Memento of the original from February 11, 2010 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. In: wiwo.de accessed on April 9, 2010.
- New chairman found. In: Manager Magazin of March 9, 2009.
- pressetext.com: Republic of Austria recognizes Boehringer Ingelheim's commitment in Austria. dated July 28, 1999.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German physician and business manager|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 13, 1940|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Mainz|