Red column with Sajat hut
|location||Hinteres Virgental ; Tyrol , Austria ; Valley location: Prägraten am Großvenediger|
|Mountain range||Venediger group|
|Usual opening times||Mid June to mid October|
|accommodation||36 beds, 14 camps|
The Sajathütte was rebuilt in 2001 by Stefan Kratzer after an avalanche that had been built by his father Friedl Kratzer in 1974 and which had been extended several times, completely destroyed the old Sajathütte on the night of April 21, 2001.
Tours from the Sajathütte
- Red column or Rote Saile, (via normal route or via ferrata)
- Saukopf ,
- Vorderer Sajatkopf or Sajatkogel,
- Schernerskopf or Schernerskogel,
- Hinterer Sajatkopf or Sajatkogel,
- Kreuzspitze ,
Transition to other huts
- To the Johannishütte in approx. 2½ hours.
- To Defreggerhaus in approx. 3½ hours.
- To the Eisseehütte in 4 hours; a variant of the route leads over the Kreuzspitze, .
- To the Nilljochhütte in approx. 4 hours.
- Bonn-Matreier Hut in approx. 5 hours.