Sebastian Alscher worked as an investment banker after completing his degree in business administration . According to his own account, he became politically active again out of concern for his children, when “the right wing became stronger” and the federal government “worked on the increasing expansion of an infrastructure that could only too easily be used for censorship and surveillance”. He started studying IT security. He is also the managing director of an IT company.
Alscher stood in 2017 as the top candidate in a trio with Anja Hirschel and René Pickhardt for the Pirate Party for the federal election , was then elected as deputy chairman in October 2017 and one year later as federal chairman. In the state elections in Hesse in 2018 , he ran in the constituency of Frankfurt am Main V , where he received 0.7% of the first votes.
He classifies himself as liberal , but his party describes him as “atypical”: “His focus is on social, domestic and financial policy, but also on the digital”.
Shortly after his election as chairman, he wrote on his website: “Every decision must be based on an impact assessment. At the same time, you shouldn't be afraid of regularly evaluating previous decisions, or having the courage to reverse wrong decisions or to constantly improve and add to things. "
In an interview with Augsburger Allgemeine on June 10, 2019, he said in comparison with Bündnis 90 / Die Grünen , which are at the center of political attention through Fridays for Future and the video by Youtubers Rezo , that the Greens have similar problems with the hype threatened like the Pirate Party Germany had to experience back then. Regarding the lack of broad current awareness of the pirates, he said: “Today parties like the AfD get more space in the newspapers, about which better stories can be told. We no longer have the character of a protest party as we were a few years ago. ”On June 30, 2019, in addition to his position as federal chairman, he was re-elected as an assessor on the board of the Frankfurt am Main district association of the Pirate Party. On November 9, 2019, he was re-elected at the federal party conference in Bad Homburg.
- Sebastian Alscher's website
- The uprising of the Netzkinder. Guest contribution by Sebastian Alscher on the protests surrounding the protests against the EU's copyright reform in Cicero , March 12, 2019
- Contactless payment - Corona must not deprive cash of its raison d'etre. Guest contribution by Sebastian Alscher in Cicero, May 10, 2020
- Sebastian Alscher (@sebulino) | Twitter. Retrieved May 21, 2019 .
- About me. In: Sebastian Alscher. May 1, 2018, accessed May 20, 2019 .
- Profile page on Parliamentary Watch , accessed on December 2, 2018
- About me . In: Sebastian Alscher . May 1, 2018 ( sebastian-alscher.de [accessed December 2, 2018]).
- Imprint. Retrieved May 21, 2019 .
- Federal party convention: top trio carries PIRATES in the German Bundestag ›Pirate Party Germany . ( piratenpartei.de [accessed on December 2, 2018]).
- René Lauer: Pirate Party leader: "The Greens are threatened with a similar fate as us". Retrieved June 10, 2019 .
- PIRATE Frankfurt elect district board. Retrieved July 1, 2019 .
- Federal Party Congress Bad Homburg: Pirate Party elects new chairman ›Pirate Party Germany. Retrieved November 9, 2019 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (pirate)|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 29, 1976|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Berlin|