Siegfried Hilmar Philipp August Ferdinand Herwig (born February 27, 1871 in Pyrmont , † July 1, 1933 in Marburg ) was a German colonel , estate administrator and politician (Waldeckischer Landeswahlverband).
Herwig was the son of Walther Herwig, the real secret senior government councilor, and his wife Marie nee Bunsen, a niece of the chemist Robert Bunsen . He married Else Jacobi from Danzig on December 30, 1908 in Berlin. He embarked on a military career in the Prussian Army , took part in the First World War and was, as colonel, chief of the general staff of the Namur governorate in occupied Belgium .
In 1918 he moved to Arolsen, where he was mayor from 1921 to 1922. He left of his own volition to look after an external family property and in 1922 he was administrator of this inherited property. From 1930 he lived again in Arolsen, where he was chairman of the Waldecker History Association.
After the November Revolution, he joined the DVP . From 1922 to 1925 he belonged to the Waldeck regional electoral association (a joint list of the DVP and DNVP) of the Waldeck regional representation .
- Reinhard König: The members of the Waldeck Landtag from 1848 to 1929 (= writings of the Hessian State Archives Marburg. Vol. 3 = Prehistory and history of parliamentarism in Hesse. Vol. 3). Hessisches Staatsarchiv, Marburg 1985, ISBN 3-88964-122-9 , p. 51.
- Jochen Lengemann : MdL Hessen. 1808-1996. Biographical index (= political and parliamentary history of the state of Hesse. Vol. 14 = publications of the Historical Commission for Hesse. Vol. 48, 7). Elwert, Marburg 1996, ISBN 3-7708-1071-6 , p. 179.
- Ludwig Luckemeyer: Liberales Waldeck and Pyrmont and Waldeck-Frankenberg 1821-1981. 1984, pp. 272-273.
- Herwig, Siegfried Hilmar Philipp August Ferdinand. Hessian biography. (As of February 27, 2020). In: Landesgeschichtliches Informationssystem Hessen (LAGIS).
- German Officer Association (Ed.): Honor ranking list of the former German Army. ES Mittler & Sohn , Berlin 1926, p. 625.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Herwig, Siegfried Hilmar Philipp August Ferdinand|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Member of Parliament Waldeck|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 27, 1871|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Pyrmont|
|DATE OF DEATH||July 1, 1933|
|Place of death||Marburg|