Sonia Todd was born in Adelaide in the Australian state of South Australia in January 1959 . She moved to Sydney with her parents when she was two years old . Todd studied at the National Institute of Dramatic Art in Sydney, where she graduated in 1985 with Baz Luhrmann , Catherine McClements and Justin Monjo . Her original goal was to become a dancer . While she was still a student, Sonia Todd was part of the cast of the dance film Strictly Ballroom - Those who dance against all rules directed by her former graduate colleague Baz Luhrmann.
She is married to Rhett Walton and has two sons, born in 1992 and 2001.
Sonia Todd became known for her role as Georgia Rattray in the crime series Police Rescue . For her role, she won the 1994 Logie Award in the Most Popular Actress category . For the four-hour miniseries The Potato Factory she was nominated for the AFI Award in 2000 in the category Best Actress in a Drama Series. She achieved international fame in 1997 in the Oscar-winning Australian film Shine - The Path into Light . In 1998 she played the role of Detective Sergeant Louise Bradshaw in 13 episodes of the crime series Water Rats - Die Hafencops .
In 2001 she got the role of Meg Fountain in the Australian drama series McLeod's Daughters . There she was seen as the leading actress until the end of the fifth season. Until the end of the series in 2009, she had several guest appearances. Also in 2001, she starred as Kate Larson in seven episodes of the All Saints hospital series. From 2007 to 2008 she then returned in another seven episodes as Dr. Elizabeth Foy returned to the series. From 2009 to 2013 Sonia Todd played the role of Gina Austin in the Australian soap opera Home and Away .
- 1990–1996: Police Rescue - Dangerous Use ( Police Rescue , TV series, 58 episodes)
- 1991: Das Buschkrankenhaus ( A Country Practice , TV series, 2 episodes)
- 1992: Strictly Ballroom - Those who dance against all rules (Strictly Ballroom)
- 1996: Shine - The Path into Light (Shine)
- 1996: Under Suspicion of Murder (Natural Justice: Heat)
- 1997: Simone de Beauvoir's Babies
- 1997: Return to Jupiter ( Return to Jupiter , TV series, episode 1x04)
- 1998: Water Rats - Die Hafencops ( Water Rats , TV series, 13 episodes)
- 2000: The Potato Factory (miniseries)
- 2001–2008: All Saints (TV series, 14 episodes, various roles)
- 2001–2009: McLeod's Daughters ( McLeod's Daughters , TV series, 107 episodes)
- 2009–2013: Home and Away (TV series)
- Won - Favorite Actress - Police Rescue (1994)
- Nominated - Best Actress in a Drama Series - The Potato Factory (2000)
- NIDA alumni . National Institute of Dramatic Art. Archived from the original on April 7, 2011. Retrieved July 17, 2011.
- McLeod's Daughters: Sonia Todd as Med Fountain . Australian Television. Retrieved July 17, 2011.
- Sonia Todd and Rhett Walton . Who Date Who. Retrieved July 17, 2011.
- Austin, Gina - Characters - Home and Away . Back to the Bay. Archived from the original on June 5, 2010. Retrieved July 17, 2011.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Australian actress|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 1, 1959|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Adelaide , South Australia|