Suzanne Brøgger first visited the Bernadotteskolen in Copenhagen, but then grew up in Colombo and Bangkok since 1958 , where her stepfather Svend Brøgger worked for UNICEF . After graduating from Silkeborg Gymnasium, she began studying Russian at the University of Copenhagen in 1964 and financed her studies as an actress in theater and television and as a model . At the end of the 1960s she worked as a correspondent for various daily newspapers and reported from the Middle East , Vietnam and the Soviet Union and also wrote travel reports .
In 1973 she made her literary debut with the book Fri os fra kærligheden , which was about the social role of women and the relationship between the sexes.
Over the years, this has been followed by around twenty other books, which stylistically alternated between reality and fiction, essay and novel, whereby their numerous travel experiences often determined the basis of the plot and which have been translated into more than twenty languages .
In 1978 the novel Creme fraiche: En Føljeton , inspired by Henry Miller , was published , followed by the novel En gris som har været oppe at slås kan man ikke stege (1979) and the volume of poems Tone (1981). For her work Brøg , Brøgger was honored with the Weekendavisens litteraturpris in 1980 by the readers of the Danish weekly newspaper Weekendavisen .
She achieved further fame with Jadekatten (1997), a family saga about a family from the Danish upper class, set between 1940 and 1995. For this and for the volume of poetry Lotusøje (1999) she was awarded the Søren Gyldendal Prize . In 2008 she performed at the culture festival Peace & Love in Borlänge , Sweden , which was held under the motto Wach auf! took place.
Brøgger has been married to the poet and literary researcher Keld Zeruneith since 1991 .
- Yes , 1984
- Min verden i en nøddeskal , children's book, 1991
- Efter orgiet , play, 1992
- Paradisets mave , children's book, 1993
- Transparence , Roman, 1993
- Linda Evangelista Olsen , novel, 2002
- Timebog , 2004
- Sløret , 2008
- Jeg har set den gamle verden forsvinde - hvor er mine øreringe? " , 2010
- in German language
- But deliver us from love: Stations of a new femininity , 1978, ISBN 3-430-11543-4 (Original title Fri os fra kærligheden , 1973)
- The forgotten allegory. For Adi Holzer . Galerie Lochte, Hamburg 1989.
- The Jade Cat: A Family Saga , 1999, ISBN 3-378-00616-1 (original title Jadekatten , 1997)
- Literature by and about Suzanne Brøgger in the catalog of the German National Library
- Suzanne Brøgger in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Biography and bibliography (litteratursiden.dk)
- Biography (bookrags.com)
- Biography (Jewish Woman's Archive)
- A Danish Scheherazade: Suzanne Brøgger's The Veil (muslimahmediawatch.org, June 2010)
- Entry by Suzanne Brøgger Dansk kvindebiografisk leksikon, accessed January 25, 2012
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Preis, Suzanne (maiden name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Danish writer and journalist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 18, 1944|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Copenhagen , Denmark|