Thorben Marx (2009)
|birthday||June 1, 1981|
|place of birth||Berlin , Germany|
|1986-1994||FC star Marienfelde|
|Years||station||Games (goals) 1|
|1999-2006||Hertha BSC II||67 (14)|
|2007||Arminia Bielefeld II||5(3)|
|2002-2003||Germany U-21||14 (0)|
|2004-2005||Team 2006||3 (1)|
|1 Only league games are given.|
Thorben Marx (born June 1, 1981 in Berlin ) is a former German football player . During his active time he played for Hertha BSC , Arminia Bielefeld and Borussia Mönchengladbach . In 2015 he ended his career.
Thorben Marx started at the age of five in the youth team at FC Stern Marienfelde and moved to Hertha Zehlendorf's youth department in 1994 . This early change to the best youth club in Berlin at the time was decisive for his career. As a youth B player in 1997, Marx made the leap into the regional league team. He went through practically all (youth) national teams up to the U21.
In 1998 Marx signed his first professional contract with Hertha BSC . He was the first youth player to make the leap from the youth academy to the professional squad of the Herthan Bundesliga team. Thorben Marx was also part of the professional squad for the two League Cup victories in 2001 and 2002. After a disappointing 2005/06 season in which he was only used eight times and in the end played almost as often in the 2nd team, the midfielder moved to Arminia Bielefeld . There he belonged again to the tribe of the team. After the Bundesliga relegation of Arminia in the 2008/09 season , the club said that Marx would not extend his contract, which ran until 2009, in order to be able to switch to a first division club.
In the summer break of 2009, Marx moved to Borussia Mönchengladbach . There the midfielder was a member of the foal team from the start. After the Gladbach near relegation in 2011 , Marx qualified with the club in the 2011/12 season over fourth place for the European Cup. On April 6, 2013, Marx completed his 250th Bundesliga game in the Borussia jersey against SpVgg Greuther Fürth. At the end of the 2014/15 Bundesliga season, he ended his career as a professional footballer. He currently plays for the traditional Borussia Mönchengladbach team.
German small-field football association
titles and achievements
Thorben Marx is an investor and partner in tivela - a football lifestyle portal for professional football players, fans and brands. Former national soccer player Mike Hanke and their joint business partner Sven Wenzel are also involved in the project.
- Thorben Marx in the database of fussballdaten.de
- Thorben Marx in the database of kicker.de
- Thorben Marx in the database of weltfussball.de
- Dfb.de: National player Thorben Marx , accessed on December 15, 2012
- Hertha BSC recently made an inquiry , www.berliner-zeitung.de from April 26, 1997
- arminia-bielefeld.de: Marx: seamless farewell , accessed on 15 December 2012
- kicker.de: Borussia brings Marx and Bobadilla , accessed on December 15, 2012
- Thorben Marx as a guest on Radio 90.1 Borussia.de, accessed on April 17, 2015
- Mike Hanke and Thorben Marx for the first time for the DKFV ( Memento of the original from March 4, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. ; DKFV, August 7, 2015
- RP ONLINE: Mike Hanke: 'Hecking gives the team a face'. Retrieved August 3, 2017 .
- Editor Fohlen-Hautnah.de: Tivela.com - professionals, fans and brands united . In: Fohlen-Hautnah.de . ( fohlen-hautnah.de [accessed on August 7, 2017]).
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German soccer player|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 1, 1981|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Berlin , Germany|