Thorsten Hennig-Thurau (born March 13, 1967 in Hamburg ) is a German economist. He is Professor of Marketing & Media at the Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster and Research Professor of Marketing at the Cass Business School of City University London .
Thorsten Hennig-Thurau studied business administration at the University of Lüneburg . He received his doctorate in 1998 as a research assistant with Ursula Hansen at the University of Hanover on the subject of “Consumption competence as a target for managing business relationships”. During his doctoral studies, he was at the same time a research assistant at the Hanoverian imug Institute. Thorsten Hennig-Thurau completed his habilitation in December 2001 with a habilitation thesis on the subject of “Market-related organizational learning from universities” at the economics faculty of the University of Hanover. Between October 2002 and March 2003 he was visiting professor at the Faculty of Economics at the Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster and from April to September 2003 at the Bauhaus-Universität Weimar . He was then Professor of Marketing and Media at the Media Faculty of the Bauhaus University Weimar until March 2010, where he was Dean of Studies from 2006 to 2009. In April 2006 he was also appointed Research Professor of Marketing by the Cass Business School at City University in London ( Great Britain ). In August 2009 he accepted a position at the Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster (Faculty of Economics), where he succeeded Prof. Dieter Ahlert in April 2010 as holder of the chair for Marketing & Media.
His research focuses on media and film economics, relationship marketing and service management. Thorsten Hennig-Thurau is the initiator and, since it was founded in 2003, head of the first magazine ranking VHB-Jourqual in business research, which includes both international and German-language specialist journals and is supported by the Association of University Lecturers for Business Administration . His most important contributions in the field of media economics show the economic sub-optimality of the current distribution structures for feature films; Together with Victor Henning and Henrik Sattler , he was also the first scientist to prove that illegal film copies can cause substantial economic damage. In the area of relationship marketing , his work shows u. a. the reasons for the churn of satisfied customers. In service management his research has a. a. the importance of the authenticity of employee emotions in customer contact for the success of service companies as well as the customer's perception of emotional work demonstrated.
- Lifetime Achievement Award 2010 for Published Scholarly Contributions to Motion Picture Industry Studies ”from the Anderson School of Management of University of California (UCLA)
- 4 Best Paper Awards at the AMA American Marketing Association's annual conferences in 2001, 2002, 2005 and 2007
- the “Overall Conference Best Paper Award” from the AMA Summer Educators' Conference in 2005
- the JSR Excellence in Service Research Award for Best Journal of Service Research Article in 2005
- the “Literati Club Award for Excellence” from the International Journal of Service Industry Management in 2005
- a Research Award from the British Academy of Marketing in 2004
- the “Best Paper Presentation Award” of the 14th International Colloquium in Relationship Marketing in 2006
- Appointment as “International Fellow” by the Carl DeSantis Business and Economics Center for the Study and Development of the Motion Picture and Entertainment Industry in 2007 as the first German scientist
In the Handelsblatt- Betriebswirte-Ranking 2009, which analyzes the research performance of 2,100 business economists in Germany, Austria and German-speaking Switzerland based on the quality of publications since 2005, it came in 15th.
Selected publications in German and international journals
Academy of Management Journal, Advances in Consumer Research, Die Betriebswirtschaft, International Journal of Electronic Commerce, International Journal of Service Industry Management, Journal of Applied Psychology, Journal of Consumer Affairs, Journal of Interactive Marketing, Journal of Marketing , Journal of Service Research, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Marketing Letters, Marketing ZFP, Psychology & Marketing, Journal for Business Administration, Journal for Business Research.
Thorsten Hennig-Thurau is a member of the editorial boards of the Journal of Service Research and the International Journal of Electronic Commerce and regularly reviews for the Journal of Marketing and Marketing Science.
- Literature by and about Thorsten Hennig-Thurau in the catalog of the German National Library
- Homepage of the professorship of Thorsten Hennig-Thurau
- Cass Experts
- Chair for Marketing & Media at the Marketing Center Münster
- http://www.handelsblatt.com/bwl-aktuelleforschung/ ( Memento from May 23, 2009 in the Internet Archive )
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German economist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 13, 1967|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Hamburg|