Ulla Baur (born May 26, 1960 in Munich ) is a German violinist who works as concertmaster, particularly in baroque orchestras .
She received her first violin lessons at the age of 9 from Heidi Höfer. At the age of 18 she moved to the Salzburg Mozarteum , where she studied violin with Irmgard Gahl . With the early music she first came into contact in 1982; she attended numerous courses, among others with Nikolaus Harnoncourt , Lucy van Dael , Monika Huggett and Sigiswald Kuijken . From 1988 onwards she studied baroque violin at the Koninklijk Conservatorium in The Hague with Sigiswald Kuijken, from which she graduated in 1993 with a concert diploma.
Since 1983 she has played in various baroque orchestras, also as a soloist and chamber musician. This took them all over Europe in the following years. From 1995 to 1998 she was a member of the Telemann Chamber Orchestra Michaelstein . a. also as concert master, a function that she subsequently performed in various other baroque orchestras.
Since 2000 she has been increasingly involved with the La Ciaccona chamber orchestra she founded , with Ulla Baur also performing as a soloist as a chamber musician.
Ulla Baur has participated in numerous CD, radio and television recordings at home and abroad, including many first recordings of unknown works.
Through her musicological work, Ulla Baur came across a hitherto unknown masterpiece with her discovery of the opera Demofoonte by Joseph Schuster , which she carefully prepared for the performance and for which she was able to win the Bayerischer Rundfunk for the recording . The BR produced the work in 2001 with Deutschlandradio as a partner. It was published in May 2003 by Deutsche Harmonia Mundi (BMG).
In addition to Demofoonte , she has since discovered and arranged several operas, oratorios and all harpsichord concerts in modern scores. In May 2004 La Ciaccona performed the opera Amor e Psiche by Joseph Schuster at the Dresden Music Festival and at the Days of Early Music in Regensburg .
Ulla Baur has been teaching at the Gräfelfing youth music school since 2000, where she leads the amateur orchestra and courses for adult amateurs. She also works as a music lecturer for the German Mozart Society . In 2007 she gave a one-week course in baroque violin at Colgate University .
- ↑ Baroque Sounds in Hadern Sendlinger Anzeiger from February 27, 2008
- ↑ Today in the Feuilletons Spiegel online from May 7, 2003. Ulla Baur is mentioned there as Ulla Schneider.
- ↑ Celebrated and forgotten. Rémy revives Schuster's CD criticism again at www.musikansich.de
- ↑ CD recording Demofoonte review in: Rondo. The classic & jazz magazine
- ↑ Demofoonte. German Harmonia Mundi line- up Ulla Schneider, violin
- ↑ Aria des Demofoonte: "Per lei fra l´armi" ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. Sound sample (excerpt) on the homepage of the tenor Andreas Post
- ↑ Days of Early Music Regensburg Artists 2004
- ↑ Jugendmusikschule Gräfelfing Teachers Ulla Schneider, violin
- ↑ Deutsche Mozart Society eV ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (PDF; 274 kB) News from DMG 2/2008
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Schneider, Ulla|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German concertmaster|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 26, 1960|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Munich|