Ursula Heimberg studied after high school in Freiburg in 1961 since the summer semester 1961 classical archeology, history and Ancient History at the University of Freiburg , interrupted by two semesters in Munich in 1962/63. In May 1967 she received her doctorate in Freiburg with Walter-Herwig Schuchhardt with a thesis on the iconography of Poseidon . From 1967 to 1971 she worked with a scholarship from the German Archaeological Institute , the Greek pottery from the Kabirenheiligtum at Thebes (Viotia) . Since 1971 she worked for the Rheinisches Landesmuseum Bonn / Office for Land Monument Preservation in Bonn . Initially she was a research assistant at the excavations in Colonia Ulpia Traiana ( Xanten ), and since 1973 she has been a research assistant in the preservation of monuments. From 1979 she worked as a finder for the excavations in Xanten. From 1987 until her retirement in 2007 she was responsible for the Roman department of the Rheinisches Landesmuseum Bonn in Bonn.
- The image of Poseidon in Greek vase painting . Oberkirch, Freiburg 1968 (= dissertation).
- Roman land surveying: limitatio. (= Small writings on the knowledge of the Roman occupation history of south-west Germany 17). Society for Prehistory and Early History in Württemberg and Hohenzollern, Stuttgart 1977.
- Spices, incense, silk. World trade in ancient times. (= Small writings on the knowledge of the Roman occupation history of Southwest Germany 27). Society for Prehistory and Early History in Württemberg and Hohenzollern, Stuttgart 1981.
- The pottery of the Kabirion. (= The Kabiren sanctuary near Thebes. Vol. 3). de Gruyter, Berlin et al. 1982, ISBN 3-11-005755-7 .
- with Anita Rieche: The Roman City. Planning, architecture, excavation. Rheinland-Verlag, Cologne 1986. ISBN 3-7927-0907-4
- Villa rustica. Living and working on Roman country estates . Zabern, Mainz 2011. ISBN 978-3-8053-4318-3
- Anita Rieche : Ursula Heimberg (1942–2012). In: Reports from the LVR-LandesMuseum Bonn 01/2013, pp. 28–29.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German classical and Roman provincial archaeologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 10, 1942|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||augsburg|
|DATE OF DEATH||December 26, 2012|
|Place of death||Horben|