Verena Kast (born January 24, 1943 in Wolfhalden , Switzerland ) is a Swiss psychologist and professor of psychology at the University of Zurich and lecturer and training analyst at the C. G. Jung Institute there .
She studied psychology, philosophy and literature and was initially a teacher. She did her doctorate in analytical psychology and completed her habilitation on the importance of grief in the therapeutic process at the University of Zurich. She is also a psychotherapist in her own practice. She has published numerous publications on the subject of emotion , relationship and symbolism . Some of her books have become bestsellers and are particularly aimed at laypeople. One focus is the psychoanalytic interpretation of fairy tales .
She was professor of psychology at the University of Zurich, lecturer and training analyst at the CG Jung Institute there, and long-time president of the Swiss Society for Analytical Psychology. Since April 2014 she has been President of the CG Jung Institute, Zurich , Küsnacht .
From 1985 to 2000 she was a member of the Scientific Advisory Board of the Lindau Psychotherapy Weeks , from 1999 to 2000 she was the spokesperson for the Advisory Board of the Lindau Psychotherapy Weeks and since 2001, alongside Manfred Cierpka , Peter Henningsen and Dorothea Huber, the scientific director of the Lindau Psychotherapy Weeks.
She is Honorary President of the International Society for Depth Psychology.
As part of the Vienna Lectures , she has already given several lectures, which have also been published in book form.
- Creativity in Psychology by C. G. Jung. Dissertation . Juris, Zurich 1974, ISBN 3-260-03686-5 .
- The association experiment . Bonz, Fellbach-Oeffingen 1980, ISBN 3-87089-109-2 . (2nd, unchanged edition under the title: The Association Experiment in Therapeutic Practice . 1988)
- Mourn. Phases and chances of the psychological process . Kreuz, Stuttgart 1982. (New edition as: Time of mourning . Kreuz, Stuttgart 2006, ISBN 3-7831-2750-5 . At the same time, habilitation thesis at the University of Zurich under the title: The meaning of mourning in the therapeutic process 1982).
- Man and woman in fairy tales. A psychological interpretation . dtv, Munich 1983, ISBN 3-530-42101-4 .
- Couples. Relationship fantasies or how gods are reflected in people . Kreuz, Stuttgart 1984.
- Fairy tales as therapy . Walter, Olten 1986.
- The creative leap. On the therapeutic handling of crises . Walter, Olten 1987. (Patmos, Düsseldorf 2008, ISBN 978-3-491-69833-8 )
- Imagination as a space of freedom. Dialogue between the self and the unconscious . Walter, Olten 1988.
- The dynamism of the symbols. Basics of Jungian psychotherapy . Walter, Olten 1990. (Patmos, Düsseldorf 2008, ISBN 978-3-491-69828-4 )
- with Helmut Barz and Frank Nager: healing and change. CG Jung and medicine. Artemis Verlag, Zurich / Munich.
- Joy, inspiration, hope . Walter, Olten 1991. (Patmos, Düsseldorf 2008, ISBN 978-3-491-69832-1 )
- The best friend. What women have in each other . Kreuz, Stuttgart 1992.
- Lucky children. How to outsmart fate . Kreuz, Zurich 1993.
- Father-daughters, mother-sons. Paths to one's own identity from father and mother complexes . Kreuz, Stuttgart 1994.
- The sense of fear. How fears get stuck and how they can be transformed. 7th edition. Herder, Freiburg im Breisgau 2007, ISBN 978-3-451-05839-4 .
- We are always on the move. Thoughts on Individuation . Walter, Zurich 1997.
- From a successful life. Fairy tale interpretations . Walter, Zurich 1998.
- The sense of anger. Incentive for self-assertion and self-development . Cross, Stuttgart 1998.
- Farewell to the role of victim. Live your own life . Herder, Freiburg im Breisgau 1998.
- Caesuras and crises in the life course. (= Vienna lectures. 66). Picus, Vienna 1998.
- The shadow in us. The subversive life force . Walter, Zurich 1999.
- Myth, dream, reality. (= Vienna lectures. 74). Picus, Vienna 2000.
- About the interest and the sense of boredom . Walter, Zurich 2001.
- Break up and find trust. The creative power of hope . Herder, Freiburg im Breisgau 2001.
- Don't let yourself live - live! Use your own resources creatively . Herder, Freiburg im Breisgau 2002.
- Despite everything I do. Feelings of self worth and the experience of identity . Herder, Freiburg im Breisgau 2003.
- Life crises become life opportunities. Actively shaping turning points in life . Herder, Freiburg im Breisgau 2003.
- Crises of the flexible person. (= Vienna lectures. 98). Picus, Vienna 2003.
Key to Life Issues - Seeing Conflicts Differently . Herder, Freiburg im Breisgau 2004.
- Reissued as: Seeing conflicts differently. Discover your own life issues . Herder, Freiburg im Breisgau 2008, ISBN 978-3-451-05975-9 .
- If we make peace . Kreuz, Stuttgart 2005, ISBN 3-7831-2626-6 .
- Dreams. The mysterious language of the unconscious . Walter, Düsseldorf 2006, ISBN 3-530-42209-6 .
- The depth psychology according to CG Jung. A practical guide! Kreuz, Stuttgart 2007, ISBN 978-3-7831-2827-7 .
- Inspirations for a good life: be healed - be healed . Herder, Freiburg 2005, ISBN 978-3-4512-8560-8 .
- with Ingrid Riedel: CG Jung: Selected writings . Patmos, Ostfildern 2011, ISBN 978-3-8436-0029-3 .
- Hinderk M. Emrich, Ingrid Riedel (Ed.): In the color circle of emotions . Festschrift for Verena Kast on her 60th birthday. Königshausen & Neumann, Würzburg 2003, ISBN 3-8260-2543-1 .
- Ingrid Riedel (Ed.): Time to laugh - time to cry: emotions that make life more intense. for Verena Kast on her 60th birthday. Herder, Freiburg 2004, ISBN 3-451-05441-8 .
- Hildegunde Wöller, with einl. Essay by Ingrid Riedel: With passion for a successful life: a reader. for Verena Kast's 65th birthday. Kreuz, Stuttgart 2008, ISBN 978-3-7831-3050-8 .
- Publications by and about Verena Kast in the Helveticat catalog of the Swiss National Library
- Literature by and about Verena Kast in the catalog of the German National Library
- Works by and about Verena Kast in the German Digital Library
- Verena Kast's own website
- Corinna Spies : An interview with Verena Kast . BR-alpha , December 8, 2003 (PDF; 50 kB)
- Eric Bergkraut : Envy: Using a negative feeling positively . Schweizer Fernsehen , September 11, 2002, accessed on September 11, 2016 (mp4; 64 MB; 6 minutes)
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Swiss psychologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 24, 1943|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Wolfhalden , Switzerland|