Volker Rieble (born December 11, 1961 in Karlsruhe ) is a German lawyer and university professor. Since 2004 he has held the chair for labor law and civil law at the Ludwig Maximilians University in Munich in the German labor law and employment department. In addition, he is the managing director of the Center for Industrial Relations and Labor Law (ZAAR), an affiliated institute of the LMU Munich, which is financed by a foundation of various employers' associations .
After studying law and economics at the Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg , he received his doctorate in 1989 and qualified as a professor in 1996. From 1998 to the beginning of 2004 he held the chair for civil law , labor law , and commercial and business law at the University of Mannheim . He then moved to Munich to the ZAAR, which he co-founded and which is supported by employers' associations through the Foundation for Labor Relations and Labor Law (StAR) established for this purpose.
He first became known to the public through his polemical article in the NJW on the Emmely case in 2009, which attracted attention through his personal choice of words ("Ms. Emme is a notorious liar", "her questionable lawyer"). In 2010 he found the Bundesbank's application to dismiss board member Thilo Sarrazin unjustified. In 2011 he raised allegations of plagiarism against Lower Saxony's Minister of Education, Bernd Althusmann (CDU), but these could not be verified. Volker Rieble successfully arbitrated the collective bargaining dispute on August 9, 2011 between the German air traffic control and the air traffic control union . In an article for the Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung in 2012, he saw Islamic justice of the peace in Germany as additional stabilizers of our legal system. The distribution of his book The Science of Plagiarism - From the Failure of a System was banned by the Hamburg District Court in June 2010 because of false accusations against his Munich faculty colleague Stephan Lorenz and the judge of the Federal Constitutional Court Reinhard Gaier .
- The control of the discretion of the works constitution arbitration body: developed from a comparison of the control of official, judicial and private discretion. Heidelberg (Verlag Recht und Wirtschaft) 1990 ( treatises on labor and business law ), Volume 59. At the same time, dissertation University of Freiburg 1989, ISBN 3-8005-6889-6 .
- Labor market and competition: the protection of freedom of contract and freedom of competition in labor law. ( Habilitation ) Springer, Berlin a. a. 1996, ISBN 3-540-61260-2 .
- Science Plagiarism - The Failure of a System. Verlag Vittorio Klostermann, Frankfurt / Main 2010, ISBN 978-3-465-04101-6 (the distribution of the book was banned by the Hamburg Regional Court).
- Literature by and about Volker Rieble in the catalog of the German National Library
- Rieble am ZAAR
- Rieble at the chair
- 40 leading minds (PDF), personalmagazin 09/11, p. 22.
- Werner Rügemer : ZAAR: The labor injustice factory - Volker Rieble and colleagues ignite all corners of labor law. In: young world . September 25, 2013.
- Christian Rath: Arbitrarily in the pillory. In: The daily newspaper. March 4, 2011.
- Rainer Maria Kiesow: We have written off. (PDF)
- Rieble, Volker - Law Faculty - LMU Munich. Retrieved February 14, 2020 .
- Employed. In: The daily newspaper. July 2, 2011.
- Portrait: Professor Rieble , Frankfurter Rundschau, August 3, 2011.
- Barbara Emme: A didactic piece on dealing with the judiciary. In: New legal weekly. 2009, p. 2101 ( zaar.uni-muenchen.de PDF).
- Helmut F. Spinner : The Emmely case - metajuristically viewed as a lesson on the future question of the ultra-asymmetrical society: Can there be law and morality among very unequal? In: Matthias Maring (Ed.): Case studies on ethics in science, economy, technology and society. Series of publications by the Center for Technology and Business Ethics at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology Volume 4, Karlsruhe 2011, p. 310, esp. 316, 320. ( itas.kit.edu PDF).
- Barbara Emme - a lesson on dealing with the judiciary! In: In: New legal weekly. (NJW-aktuell) 31/2009, XX, cf. Beck community on Rieble's essay ; Joel Vogel: Emmely back in court soon? In: New Germany . July 24th, 2009, Emmely faces no charges. Daily mirror. October 15, 2009; Julia Bönisch: Anyone who steals should be given notice , interview with Rieble der SZ ; Federal Labor Court, judgment of June 10, 2010, 2 AZR 541/09 .
- Oliver García: Sarrazin and the matter of labor law , blog.delegibus of September 7, 2010.
- Martin Spiewak : " Bernd Althusmann - Trübe Quellen " , Die Zeit from July 6, 2011.
- Announcement of the Hessischer Rundfunk about the canceled strike on August 9, 2011
- Volker Rieble: Sharia . In: FAS . March 17, 2012.
- Decision of June 1, 2010 - 324 O 238/10; also AG Hamburg, judgment of February 23, 2011 - 36A C 243/10 ( lorenz.userweb.mwn.de PDF).
- Christian Rath: Plagiarism in Research: Arbitrarily in the pillory . In: The daily newspaper: taz . March 4, 2011, ISSN 0931-9085 ( taz.de [accessed October 29, 2019]).
- Address directory of Kösener and Weinheimer Corps students. 1995, p. 553.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German lawyer and university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 11, 1961|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Karlsruhe|