Morstadt attended high school in Lahr and trained as a businessman. After long trips he was a manufacturer in Paris , where he lived until 1858. After that he was manager of the Baden Society for Gas Preparation and Director of the Karlsruhe Gas Plant until 1863. He held various offices as a local council and district council, member of the Chamber of Commerce, board member of the trade association, 2nd board member of the advance payment association, state treasurer of the Badische Invalidenstiftung, member of the Baden commission for the Paris World Exhibition and Baden representative for the Vienna World Exhibition . Morstadt was a member of the Karlsruhe Freemason Lodge Leopold zur Loyalty .
From 1867 to 1879 he was a member of the Baden II. Chamber for his hometown Lahr and from 1874 to 1878 he was a member of the German Reichstag for the constituency of Baden 6 ( Kenzingen , Ettenheim , Lahr, Wolfach ) and the National Liberal Party .
- Fritz Specht, Paul Schwabe: The Reichstag elections from 1867 to 1903. Statistics of the Reichstag elections together with the programs of the parties and a list of the elected representatives. 2nd Edition. Carl Heymann Verlag, Berlin 1904, p. 252.
- List of dead: Wilhelm Morstadt , in: Friedrich von Weech and A. Krieger (eds.): Badische Biographien . Volume 5. Winter, Heidelberg 1906, p. 916 ( digitized version )
- Hermann Kalkoff (Ed.): National Liberal Parliamentarians 1867–1917 of the Reichstag and the individual state parliaments. Publication distribution center of the National Liberal Party of Germany, Berlin 1917
- Wilhelm Morstadt in the database of members of the Reichstag
- Biography of Wilhelm Morstadt . In: Heinrich Best : database of the members of the Reichstag of the Empire 1867/71 to 1918 (Biorab - Kaiserreich)
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German businessman and politician (NLP), MdR|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 18, 1829|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Lahr|
|DATE OF DEATH||July 18, 1893|
|Place of death||Karlsruhe|