Zinseler, view from the path on the flank of the Hühnerspiel.
|location||South Tyrol , Italy|
|Dominance||3.2 km → Etschenspitze|
|Notch height||280 m|
Location and surroundings
The Zinseler lies in the north of the Sarntal Alps and is the local mountain of the northeastern village of Stilfes (municipality of Freienfeld ). The Eisack Valley runs to the northeast and the Jaufental valley to the northwest . In the south a ridge runs over the Hühnerspiel ( ) to the Penser Joch ( ). The pass road to the Penser Joch leads through the southeast flank of the Zinseler.
Routes to the summit
The normal route (marked mountain route ) begins at the Penser Joch. It first leads into the depression of the Jaufentaler Jöchl ( ) and then along the flank of the Hühnerspiel over a connecting ridge to the summit cross in just over an hour .
There are several stone almonds on the summit .
- Zinseler / Cima di Stilves at summitpost.org
- Zinseler / Cima di Stilves at summitpost.org, accessed on March 19, 2011
- Cf. Karl Finsterwalder , Hermann M. Ölberg, Nikolaus Grass : Tiroler Ortnameskunde. Collected essays and papers. Universitätsverlag Wagner, Innsbruck 1990, p. 316
- Helmut Dumler: Südtirol 2nd area guide: Area guide for hikers and mountaineers through the mountain world of the southern Stubai Alps, the Texel Group and the Sarntal Alps, volume 2. Bergverlag Rother , Munich 1989, p. 252
- Kompass Maps (Ed.): Digital Map South Tyrol / Alto Adige . Rum 2007, ISBN 978-3-85491-631-4 .