When Aleksey Igudesman was six years old, his family emigrated to Germany. At the age of 12 he was admitted to the Yehudi Menuhin School near London . From 1989 to 1998 he studied violin with Boris Kuschnir at the Vienna Conservatory .
Aleksey Igudesman's musical oeuvre has been published by Universal Edition and includes a broad repertoire of violin duets, violin sonatas and violin teaching schools. In addition to his violin duets for adults such as Klezmer & More , Celtic & More , Latin & More , Asia & More , he published violin schools with the titles Style Workout , The Catscratchbook and Pigs Can Fly .
In 2009 and 2010 Igudesman published his first three violin sonatas, of which he dedicated the second to the violin virtuoso Julian Rachlin and the third to the violinist Viktoria Mullova . In 2009 he won third prize at the Crossover Composition Award with his work Fever of Passion .
In Violins of the World , a joint project by Gidon Kremer , Julian Rachlin , Janine Jansen and Alexandra Soumm , Aleksey Igudesman's violin duets are performed and his poems are performed by Roger Moore .
Aleksey Igudesman's compositions have been performed by several orchestras, including the New York Philharmonic , the Vienna Symphony , the Kremerata Baltica , the Lucerne Symphony Orchestra, the Vorarlberg Symphony Orchestra, the Virtuosi Italiani, the Tonkünstler Orchestra , the Belgrade Symphony Orchestra. He was often active as a guest conductor.
Aleksey Igudesman has been touring worldwide with his program The Music Critic, in which John Malkovich plays the main role of the music critic, since 2017 .
Aleksey Igudesman has composed and arranged film music for several television and Hollywood film productions. In collaboration with Oscar winner Hans Zimmer , he arranged film music works for the Hollywood productions Der Weg nach El Dorado , Spanglish and most recently for the film Sherlock Holmes , which was nominated for best film music at the 2010 Academy Awards . Aleksey Igudesman has also composed film music for television documentaries such as Maria Theresia - Legacy of a Ruler, Schönbrunn , Wachau and Salzburg by the famous Austrian director Georg Riha . Together with Hans Zimmer, Igudesman wrote the music for the documentary Jealous of the Birds .
Music, comedy, theater
In addition to his film music compositions, he and the violinist Sebastian Gürtler created the two music theater comedy programs Tandem for 2 violins and Sebastian, the cyber conductor for 2 violins and symphony orchestra.
With the English-Korean pianist Hyung-ki Joo Igudesman enters his show "Igudesman & Joo - A Little Nightmare Music" ( "A Little Nightmare Music" - the show's title is an ironic reference to "A Little Night Music" - A little night music ). There are other appearances under the title "Igudesman & Joo - A BIG Nightmare Music" with symphony orchestras. As a comedian couple, the two appeared in the Austrian-German documentary Pianomania by directors Robert Cibis and Lilian Franck , which was released in cinemas in over 20 countries and included in the catalog of the Goethe Institute .
Aleksey Igudesman is the co-founder of the Music Traveler app , which has been available since 2017. Musicians who are looking for suitable rehearsal rooms can use the app to find a room and rent a rehearsal room.
- 1998: Triology - Triology Plays Ennio Morricone
- 1999: Triology: Who Killed The Viola Player?
- 2003: Triology - Around The World In 77 Minutes
- 2015: Aleksey Igudesman: Fasting Seatbelts
- 2016: Igudesman & Joo - You Just Have to Laugh
- 2012: Noseland (also as director and producer)
- Homepage of Aleksey Igudesman
- Homepage of Igudesman & Joo
- Works by and about Aleksey Igudesman in the catalog of the German National Library
- Igudesman in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Aleksey Igudesman - The composer's life and work | Universal Edition. Retrieved January 4, 2018 .
- Igudesman: Sonata No. 2 for violin and piano | Universal Edition. Retrieved January 4, 2018 (UK English).
- Sonata No. 3 for violin and piano (Aleksey Igudesman) »Sheet music. Retrieved January 4, 2018 .
- Aleksey Igudesman ( Memento from September 23, 2010 in the Internet Archive ) Website of the Crossover Composition Award 2009, accessed on February 15, 2015.
- Cutting Edge | John Malkovich & Aleksey Igudesman, 'The music critic'. Retrieved January 4, 2018 (nl-NL).
- "Austrian Heritage" Maria Theresa - Legacy of a ruler (TV episode 2017). Retrieved January 4, 2018 .
- Triology - Triology Plays Ennio Morricone .
- Triology - Who Killed The Viola Player? ( en )
- Triology - Around The World In 77 Minutes .
- Fasting Seat Belts . In: orlando records . ( Online [accessed January 4, 2018]).
- You Just Have to Laugh (CD) IGUDESMAN & JOO. (No longer available online.) Archived from the original on January 5, 2018 ; accessed on January 4, 2018 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Игудесман, Алексей (Russian)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Russian-German violinist and composer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 22, 1973|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Leningrad|