Andrea Jung ( Chinese 鍾彬嫻 , Pinyin Zhōng Bīnxián , Jyutping zung 1 ban 1 haa 4 ; * 1959 in Toronto , Ontario ) is an American manager. She is the former board member and CEO of the US company Avon Products . Jung was included in the list of the most powerful female managers by international magazines (including 2004, 2009 and 2011 Forbes Magazine ).
The daughter of a Chinese pianist and an architect from Hong Kong studied literature at Princeton University and graduated with honors in 1979. Her first job was at Bloomingdale’s , later Jung was on the management board of the luxury department store chain Neiman Marcus . She joined as a board for the 1994 marketing department in the company Avon Products one. After further stops in the company, u. a. as chief operating officer , she was finally appointed chairman of the board in November 1999. During her tenure, Andrea Jung initially put the company back on the road to success. Through targeted marketing campaigns and a new company philosophy ( The Company for Women , German: the company for women ), she led the company on an expansion course. Her income at Avon Products in 2009 was nearly $ 7 million. In April 2012 she resigned as CEO; since taking office, AVP's market value had plummeted from $ 21 billion to $ 6 billion.
Jung sits on the supervisory boards of various companies, including a. at the US conglomerate General Electric , Apple Inc. and from April 2013 to April 2018 at Daimler AG .
- Page no longer available , search in web archives ) CV at Avon employee profiles (
- The Most Powerful American Women Managers - Manager Magazin, October 2, 2001
- Notice from Apple on Jung's appointment to the board of directors
- ↑ Susan Adams: The Worst CEO Screw-ups Of 2012
- ^ In the takeover battle: Avon changes boss , April 9, 2012
- ↑ Andrea Jung on Forbes.com , accessed August 26, 2011
- ↑ Avon's Andrea Jung: CEOs need to reinvent themselves
- ↑ Executive Compensations, Manager Salaries in the United States, Andrea Jung, Income 2009, Biography and Picture ( Memento of the original of September 3, 2010 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link has been inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- ^ Sydney Finkelstein: The Worst CEOs of 2012
- ↑ FAZ from April 10, 2013: Cosmetic woman under criticism
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||鍾彬嫻 (Chinese)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American manager|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1959|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Toronto , Ontario|