Armin Reller (born October 15, 1952 in Winterthur ) is a Swiss chemist . He is Professor of Resource Strategy at the University of Augsburg .
After graduating from high school , Reller studied chemistry from 1971 to 1975 at the University of Zurich and graduated with a diploma. He had taken biology as a minor . In 1977 he started a dissertation and obtained his doctorate in 1981 at the Inorganic Chemical Institute in Zurich with a thesis on "Kinetic-mechanistic investigations of thermal decomposition reactions of single-crystalline nickel (II) complexes". After a stay as a postdoc at the University of Cambridge , he returned to the University of Zurich, where he was employed as a research assistant and in 1988 took over the management of a thermochemistry program . In 1992 he completed his habilitation with a thesis on "Form and Reactivity of Perovskites ".
On January 1, 1992, he was appointed to the Chair of Inorganic and Applied Chemistry at the University of Hamburg as C3 Professor . In 1999 he moved to the University of Augsburg and initially took over the chair for solid state chemistry at the physics institute, and then in 2010 the chair for resource strategy, which is also at the institute for physics.
Reller's main areas of work include research into resource-efficient materials for future technologies, energy research , including in particular renewable energies and energy storage technologies and resource strategies, as well as resource management in the field of materials science and the use of nanotechnologies .
In addition to his university work, Reller is active on various committees. Among other things, he is a member of the technical and scientific advisory board of the Geesthacht Research Center , which is active in materials research , a member of the scientific board of trustees of the German Working Group for Environmentally Conscious Management and an advisory member of the expert group of the Swiss Academy of Technical Sciences . Reller is also one of the editors of the scientific journals Progress in Solid State Chemistry and GAIA and is an expert on the sustainable use of natural resources at the Federal Environment Agency .
He is also the spokesman for the Environmental Science Center at the University of Augsburg and founder and head of the Fraunhofer project group IWKS 2011. Together with Jens Soentgen , he is the editor of the book series Stories of Substances , in which the life cycle of individual substances and materials in the globalized economy is presented. For this activity, Reller was nominated for the ZEIT WISSEN Prize for Courage for Sustainability 2015 .
In 2019 he was awarded the Federal Cross of Merit on Ribbon for his services in the field of resource strategies.
- Armin Reller, Heike Holdinghausen, The donated planet. After the oil, the future begins , Frankfurt am Main 2014, ISBN 978-3-86489-054-3 .
- Armin Reller, Luitgard Marschall Simon Meißner, Claudia Schmidt (Eds.), Resource Strategies. An introduction to the sustainable use of resources , Darmstadt 2013, ISBN 978-3-534-25914-4 .
- Armin Reller, Heike Holdinghausen, We consume ourselves to death. Why we have to change our lifestyle if we want to survive , Frankfurt am Main 2011, ISBN 978-3-938060-38-4 .
- Jens Soentgen , Armin Reller (ed.), CO2 - Elixir of Life and Climate Killer , Munich 2009, ISBN 978-3-86581-118-9 .
- Armin Reller, Kinetic-Mechanistic Investigations of Thermal Decomposition Reactions of Single -Crystalline Nickel (II) Complexes , Diss. Zurich 1981.
Articles in professional journals
- Gu et al., Spatial and temporal variability of PM10 sources in Augsburg, Germany . In: Atmospheric Environment 71, (2013), 131–139, doi: 10.1016 / j.atmosenv.2013.01.043 .
- Krohns et al., The route to resource-efficient novel materials . In: Nature Materials 10, (2011), 899-901, doi: 10.1038 / nmat3180 .
- Gu et al., Source apportionment of ambient particles: Comparison of positive matrix factorization analysis applied to particle size distribution and chemical composition data . In: Atmospheric Environment 45, Issue 10, (2011), 1849–1857 doi: 10.1016 / j.atmosenv.2011.01.009 .
- Hörteis et al., High-Temperature Contact Formation on n-Type Silicon: Basic Reactions and Contact Model for Seed-Layer Contacts . In: Advanced Functional Materials 20, Issue 3, (2010), 476-484, doi: 10.1002 / adfm.200901305 .
- Ebbinghaus et al., Perovskite-related oxynitrides - Recent developments in synthesis, characterization and investigations of physical properties . In: Progress in Solid State Chemistry 37, Issues 2-3, (2009), 173-205, doi: 10.1016 / j.progsolidstchem.2009.11.003 .
- Carp et al., Photoinduced reactivity of titanium dioxide . In: Progress in Solid State Chemistry 32, Issues 1-2 (2004), 33–177, doi: 10.1016 / j.progsolidstchem.2004.08.001 .
- Winkhofer et al., Stable Silanetriols as Building Blocks for the Synthesis of Titanasilasesquioxanes — Model Compounds for Titanium-Doped Zeolites . In: Angewandte Chemie International Edition 33, Issue 13, (1994), 1352-1354, doi: 10.1002 / anie.199413521 .
- Bensch et al., Structure and thermochemical reactivity of CaRuO3 and SrRuO3 . In: Solid State Ionics 43, (1990), 171-177, doi: 10.1016 / 0167-2738 (90) 90481-6 .
- Bolis et al., Effect of form of the surface reactivity of differently prepared zinc oxides . In: Journal of the Chemical Society, Faraday Transactions 1: Physical Chemistry in Condensed Phases 85, Issue 4, (1989), 855-867, doi: 10.1039 / F19898500855 .
- Literature by and about Armin Reller in the catalog of the German National Library
- Website of the University of Augsburg
- Short biography
- ↑ Make the world better, again? Gladly! . In: Die Zeit , February 8, 2015. Accessed August 1, 2015.
- ↑ Story stories . Website of the University of Augsburg. Retrieved August 1, 2015.
- ↑ Pioneer of environmental resource research - Armin Reller, board spokesman of the Environmental Science Center at the University of Augsburg, is awarded the Federal Cross of Merit on ribbon. University of Augsburg, November 11, 2019, accessed December 8, 2019 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Swiss chemist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 15, 1952|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Winterthur|