|Country||Democratic Republic of Congo|
|Metropolitan bishopric||Archdiocese of Mbandaka-Bikoro|
|Diocesan bishop||Toussaint Iluku Bolumbu MSC|
|Parishes||15 ( 12/31/2015 / AP2016 )|
|Residents||748,000 (December 31, 2015 / AP2016 )|
|Catholics||288,762 ( 12/31/2015 / AP2016 )|
|Diocesan priest||24 (31.12.2015 / AP2016 )|
|Religious priest||4 (31.12.2015 / AP2016 )|
|Catholics per priest||10,313|
|Friars||12 (31.12.2015 / AP2016 )|
|Religious sisters||34 (December 31, 2015 / AP2016 )|
The Bokungu-Ikela diocese was founded on September 11, 1961 by Pope John XXIII. established with the Apostolic Constitution Mater Ecclesia from cessions of territory of the Archdiocese of Coquilhatville as the Diocese of Ikela . On June 11, 1967, the Diocese of Ikela was renamed Bokungu-Ikela .
The diocese of Bokungu-Ikela is subordinate to the Archdiocese of Mbandaka-Bikoro as a suffragan .
Bishops of Ikela
- Josef Weigl MSC, 1967–1982
- Joseph Kumuondala Mbimba , 1982–1991, then Archbishop of Mbandaka-Bikoro
- Joseph Mokobe Ndjoku , 1993–2001, then Bishop of Basankusu
- Fridolin Ambongo Besungu OFMCap , 2004–2016, then Archbishop of Mbandaka-Bikoro
- Toussaint Iluku Bolumbu MSC , since 2019
- Ioannes XXIII: Const. Apost. Mater Ecclesia , AAS 54 (1962), n.10, pp. 549f.