Bylandtstrasse 21 (Mönchengladbach)
The house was built in 1901. It was entered under No. B 073 on August 29, 1988 in the monuments list of the city of Mönchengladbach .
Two-storey plastered building with three axes with a mansard roof , which is designed as a gable roof at the rear . Structuring of the ground floor by imitation of cuboids, on the upper floor by appropriate joint cuts. Asymmetrical façade design emphasizing the entrance axis on the left with bay window and small tail gable .
Horizontal arrangement by means of plinth, floor and profiled eaves ; a plaster tape imitates a sill cornice and another profile tape delimits the upper floor at the level of the bay window. The windows cut smoothly into the wall surface are uniformly rectangular in shape, but vary due to the arched end on the ground floor and a straight lintel on the upper floor. The box-shaped bay window is supported by consoles and illuminated on three sides. The roof break three dormers - formed as the left dummy gable - right flanking the restrained curved and similarly exposed to light through a respective arched windows. The sparse stucco ornamentation is limited to ornamental parapet decorations (ground floor) and flat arched blocks over the windows. An arched frame ending in volutes only adorns the window of the small gable .
- Paul Clemen: The art monuments of the cities and districts of Gladbach and Krefeld (= The art monuments of the Rhine province . Third volume, No. IV ). Schwann, Düsseldorf 1893 ( http: //vorlage_digitalisat.test/1%3D~GB%3D~IA%3Ddiekunstdenkmle00clemgoog~MDZ%3D%0A~SZ%3D~doppelseiten%3D~LT%3D~PUR%3D [accessed on June 2, 2012]).
- List of monuments of the city of Mönchengladbach. (PDF; 234.24 kB) In: moenchengladbach.de. City of Mönchengladbach, July 4, 2011, accessed on June 2, 2012 .
- Andrea Caspers: Monuments list of the city of Mönchengladbach. (PDF; 227.14 kB) In: moenchengladbach.de. April 24, 2012. Retrieved September 23, 2012 .
- Käthe Limburg, Bernd Limburg: Monuments in the city of Mönchengladbach. In: on the way & at home - homepage of Käthe and Bernd Limburg. July 18, 2011, accessed February 27, 2014 .
- Monuments list of the city of Mönchengladbach ( Memento of the original from October 7, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.