Bylandtstrasse 28 (Mönchengladbach)
The house was built in 1903. It was entered under No. B 158 on September 10, 1996 in the monuments list of the city of Mönchengladbach .
Bylandstrasse, located in the eastern urban expansion area, connects the main street with Bendhecker Strasse.
House No. 28 is located on the western side of the street within a closed group and is a two-storey plastered building with four axes , which corresponds in terms of form to neighboring house No. 30 . Asymmetrical facade design with emphasis on the right half of the facade by means of accentuated window frames and a triangular gable . Horizontal structure through a stepped basement plinth , sill, floor and box-shaped eaves cornice .
Traditional structure of the ground floor by imitation bosses and joint cuts. The house is accessed through the deeply cut entrance niche on the right. The windows, which are arranged at regular intervals, are uniformly rectangular in shape, but vary due to framing that changes floor by floor. All wall openings on the ground floor are framed with profiled frames and crowns with vegetal design .
The windows on the upper floor close off in the shape of a clover leaf and are roofed over by profiled beams (left). The two windows on the right are connected by a frame and crown, which surround a wall surface that is structured here by rough plaster. The two smaller rectangular windows of the gable field with flat crown ornaments and a gable-shaped entablature roofing are coupled by a sill cornice . Two dormers break through the surface of the modified saddle roof . Two modern skylights above .
- Paul Clemen: The art monuments of the cities and districts of Gladbach and Krefeld (= The art monuments of the Rhine province . Third volume, No. IV ). Schwann, Düsseldorf 1893 ( http: //vorlage_digitalisat.test/1%3D~GB%3D~IA%3Ddiekunstdenkmle00clemgoog~MDZ%3D%0A~SZ%3D~doppelseiten%3D~LT%3D~PUR%3D [accessed on June 2, 2012]).
- List of monuments of the city of Mönchengladbach. (PDF; 234.24 kB) In: moenchengladbach.de. City of Mönchengladbach, July 4, 2011, accessed on June 2, 2012 .
- Andrea Caspers: Monuments list of the city of Mönchengladbach. (PDF; 227.14 kB) In: moenchengladbach.de. April 24, 2012. Retrieved September 23, 2012 .
- Käthe Limburg, Bernd Limburg: Monuments in the city of Mönchengladbach. In: on the way & at home - homepage of Käthe and Bernd Limburg. July 18, 2011, accessed February 27, 2014 .
- Monuments list of the city of Mönchengladbach ( Memento of the original from October 7, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.