Carl Adloff (table tennis official)
Carl Adloff (also Karl Adloff ) (born March 15, 1896 , † January 1981 ) was a German table tennis official . After the rebuilding of table tennis in the Lower Saxony Association , he was President of the West German Association from 1951 to 1952 and the fifth President of the German Table Tennis Association from 1958 to 1961 .
In his youth, Adloff was an active hockey player . In addition, he was interested in table tennis. In particular after the Second World War , he made a contribution to the rebuilding of German table tennis. In 1947 he was one of the founders of the Lower Saxony table tennis association and took over the office of treasurer. In 1950 he moved to the West German Table Tennis Association WTTV and one year later became chairman. When he was voted out of office in 1952, he was appointed chairman of the council of elders. In 1958 he gave up the office and switched to the DTTB.
After the death of Karl-Heinz Eckardt , the 4th President of the DTTB, Adloff was elected as his successor on February 2, 1958 in Neumünster, when he voted against the opposing candidate Kurt Entholt in the Extraordinary Federal Assembly with 59:44 votes and 26 abstentions asserted. He held this office until July 8, 1961, when he no longer ran. Kurt Entholt was his successor. During his tenure, the DTTB organized the 1959 World Championships in Dortmund. In addition, a new statute was drawn up and decided at the advisory board meeting on July 8, 1961.
From mid-1958 Adloff worked on the ITTF board.
In 1957 Adloff received the silver pin of honor from WTTV. On June 28, 1967, the Table Tennis Association of Lower Saxony awarded him honorary membership in Braunschweig.
Adloff was a businessman, most recently self-employed. He was married and last lived in Breibach.
- Willy Meyer: Carl Adloff "75" - A man of the first hour , DTS magazine 1971/5 p. 12.
- Dieter Mauritz: Carl Adloff 80 years , DTS magazine 1976/7 p. 4.
- Jupp Schlaf: In memoriam Karl Adloff , DTS magazine 1981/2 p. 41.
- In the magazine DTS , 1961/5 issue West p. 12, the birthday is given as March 4, 1896, DTS 1966/4 p. 6 names March 3, 1896.
- DTS magazine , 1952/13 issue West-Süd p. 3.
- DTS magazine , 1958/3 West issue pp. 1–2.
- DTS magazine , 1958/15 West issue p. 1.
- DTS magazine , 1957/14 West issue p. 6.
- DTS magazine , 1967/24 p. 35.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Adloff, Karl|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German table tennis official|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 15, 1896|
|DATE OF DEATH||January 1981|