Training and first uses
Christian Badia joined the Bundeswehr on July 1, 1984 and completed his basic training in Roth near Nuremberg . From 1984 to 1985 he took part in the 52nd officer course at the Air Force Officer School in Fürstenfeldbruck and began his pilot training in the United States in 1986 . Basic training at Sheppard Air Force Base near Wichita Falls , Texas, was followed by weapons systems training on the F-4 Phantom at George Air Force Base in Victorville , California .
In 1987 Badia returned to Germany and was transferred to Jagdgeschwader 71 "Richthofen" in Wittmund . There he was later used as a flight commander , operational officer and operational staff officer in the 2nd Fighter Squadron. He then took over command of the 1st Fighter Squadron from 1996 to 1998 . From 1998 to 2000 he completed the general staff course at the command academy of the Bundeswehr .
Service as a staff officer
After a year-long assignment in the command of the 4th Air Force Division in Aurich as head of the deployment department, Badia was deployed in the Ministry of Defense in Berlin from 2003 to 2006 , among other things as a military policy advisor and as the office manager of State Secretaries Walter Kolbow and Friedbert Pflüger . From 2006 to 2009 he was commodore of Jagdgeschwader 71 "Richthofen" in Wittmund. During this period he completed an assignment abroad in Kabul / Afghanistan from February 2008 to August 2008.
He then took over the conception department in the air force command staff in Bonn, where he was in charge of staff department III ( conception, management, operational principles) from 2011 to 2012 .
Service as a general
In 2012 Badia became Head of Department 1 ( further development, planning of the Air Force ) in the newly established Air Force Command in Gatow. In January 2013 he moved again to the Federal Ministry of Defense in Bonn and took over responsibility for sub-department I in the planning department. From July 2014 to July 2017 Badia led the European Air Transport Command (EATC) in Eindhoven ( Netherlands ). He handed this over to the French General Pascal Chiffoleau on a rotating basis, in order to take up the post as head of the Bundeswehr Aviation Office in September 2017 . His successor in this office was Major General Günter Katz on July 1, 2018 . On October 1, 2018, Badia succeeded Lieutenant General Erhard Bühler as Head of Planning in the Federal Ministry of Defense . On November 28, 2018, he was promoted to lieutenant general.
- Ordre de la couronne de chêne ( Luxembourg )
- Chevalier de la Legion d´Honneur (France)
- Gold Cross of Honor of the Bundeswehr (Germany)
Badia is married and has two daughters.
- Personnel changes in top positions of the Federal Ministry of Defense and the Bundeswehr. In: bmvg.de. Federal Ministry of Defense, March 16, 2018, accessed on March 16, 2018 .
- Personnel changes in top military and civilian positions - October 2018. In: http://www.personal.bundeswehr.de . Press and Information Office of the Federal Ministry of Defense, October 12, 2018, accessed on October 13, 2018 .
- Christian Badia - Major General - German Air Force - Commander European Air Transport Command. (No longer available online.) European Air Transport Command , archived from the original on July 17, 2014 ; accessed on January 23, 2015 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Personnel changes in top military and civilian positions. In: BMVg.de. BMVg press and information staff, October 4, 2012, accessed on January 23, 2015 : “Colonel i. G. Christian BADIA, Head of Division III 1 in the Staff Inspector of the Air Force in the Federal Ministry of Defense, Bonn, became Head of Development and Planning in the Air Force Command, Berlin. "
- Norbert Thomas: Germany takes the lead in European air transport. In: Luftwaffe.de. July 4, 2014, accessed January 23, 2015 .
- Change of Command Ceremony at EATC - Articles - EATC | European Air Transport Command. (No longer available online.) Archived from the original on August 4, 2017 ; Retrieved August 3, 2017 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Military ceremony in Cologne-Wahn - first change of staff in the aviation office of the Bundeswehr. September 21, 2017. Retrieved September 23, 2017 .
- Homage to Major General Badia's Commitment to EATC. (No longer available online.) Formerly in the original ; accessed on June 28, 2017 . ( Page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Badia, Christian Nikolaus|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German air force officer, lieutenant general and head of the planning department in the Federal Ministry of Defense|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 28, 1963|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Hausham|