From 1969 to 1973 he studied music education and German at the University of Leipzig . His teachers included Richard Petzoldt and Werner Wolf in music history, Hansgeorg Mühe in music theory and Werner Buschnakowski in piano. His diploma thesis with Gerd Schönfelder as a subject teacher deals with the topic of possibilities of aleatoric musical design methods for the music theater - examined on Fritz Geißler's “Broken Krug” . From 1973 to 1976 he was a teacher at the Polytechnic High School in Burgstädt. He also taught shorthand at the extended high school.
From 1976 to 1979 he was an aspirant for musicology at the University of Leipzig. In 1980 he was at Udo Klement with the dissertation studies on timbre - including examples from the orchestral music of the GDR in the seventies to Dr. phil. PhD. From 1980 to 1988 he worked as an assistant in the research group for instrumental music in the GDR and was temporarily head of the study department of the cultural and art studies section. He began the post-doctoral thesis Relationships with Harmonics - based on orchestral music works by Saxony in the 1980s , which he did not finish. In 1988 he was qualified to teach . From 1988 to 1989 he also studied at the Charles University in Prague . Sramek taught from 1978 to 1997 at the Institute for Musicology at the University of Leipzig .
From 1994 to 2015 he was a lecturer. From 2000 to 2003 he was twice substitute professor. In 2001 he was appointed honorary professor for music history at the Institute for Musicology at the University of Music and Theater "Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy" in Leipzig .
He works as a freelance employee for Mitteldeutscher Rundfunk . He also works as a music critic for music magazines such as Music and Church , Practicing and Making Music , Das Orchester as well as the Free Press and the Ostthüringer Zeitung . He wrote several CD booklets in the field of new music and published composer portraits for the music publisher Breitkopf & Härtel . Sramek is a board member of the Saxon Music Association .
- Studies on timbre - including examples from orchestral music in the GDR in the 1970s. 2 volumes, Leipzig 1980. (= also dissertation, University of Leipzig 1980)
- with Allmuth Behrendt: Prof. Dr. Johannes Forner: "Thoughtful Poetry" - Brahms' late piano cycles. Farewell lecture on Friday, January 25, 2002, University of Music and Theater "Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy" Leipzig, main building, chamber music hall. University of Music and Theater, Leipzig 2002.
- the sounds blinded me. Festschrift for the 60th birthday of the Dresden composer Jörg Herchet . Kamprad, Altenburg 2003, ISBN 3-930550-28-8 .
- Music with a sensual sound and constructive calculation. A documentation on the occasion of Siegfried Thiele's 70th birthday . Artistic office of the University of Music and Theater, Leipzig 2004.
- Documentation on the life and work of the Leipzig musicologist, university professor and music critic Prof. Dr. sc. Werner Wolf on the occasion of his 80th birthday on March 15, 2005. Leipzig 2005.
- Thomas Buchholz . Sketch sheets on the life and work of the Halle composer . Verlag Neue Musik, Berlin 2011, ISBN 978-3-7333-0809-4 .
- (Ed.): "Sunk in the stream of light, now sun-like": Documents on the work of the Dresden composer Jörg Herchet . Kamprad, Altenburg 2013, ISBN 978-3-930550-75-3 .
- with Wolfgang Orf: "Questioning sounds - exploring their being". Siegfried Thiele Werkeververzeichnis (ThWV): a documentation on the life and work of the Leipzig composer . Kamprad, Altenburg 2017, ISBN 978-3-95755-613-4 .
- (Ed.): "In part the whole is hidden". Documents on the work of the composer Jörg Herchet and his text author Jörg Milbradt. Dedicated to Jörg Milbradt on the occasion of his 75th birthday . Kamprad, Altenburg 2018, ISBN 978-3-95755-623-3 .
- Literature by and about Christoph Sramek in the catalog of the German National Library
- Works by and about Christoph Sramek in the German Digital Library
- Literature by Christoph Sramek in the bibliography of music literature
- Association of composers and musicologists of the GDR (ed.): Composers, musicologists, interpreters, music educators of the association of composers and musicologists of the GDR, district association Leipzig. Leipzig 1982, p. 62.
- Musikbühne 77 (1977), p. 127 ff.
- MiS 12 (1987), p. 382 ff.
- Orchester 9 (1992), p. 1043 ff.
- Lecturers at the Institute for Musicology Leipzig , gko.uni-leipzig.de, accessed on February 18, 2018.
- Former lecturers , hmt-leipzig.de, accessed on February 18, 2018.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Schramek, Christoph|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German music historian and critic|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 6, 1950|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Chemnitz|