life and career
DJ Dag began his career as a DJ in the Frankfurt trance scene. He contributes significantly to the Sound of Frankfurt , which triggered a trance euphoria from the beginning of the 1990s. From 1985 to 1989 he was resident DJ in the music hall, then switched to Dorian Gray in 1988 , where he worked until 1993. The last stop before he left for the United States in 1997 was the omen . He also became known through his sets in the radio show hr3 clubnight .
Together with Jam El Mar he formed the project Dance 2 Trance , whose greatest success was Power of American Natives in 1993, for which Dag received a gold record . Besides Dance 2 Trance, DJ Dag and Jam El Mar had another project: Peyote . Only two songs were released, but I Will Fight No More Forever achieved cult status in the scene.
Dag had another collaboration with the Lunatec label boss and producer Non-Eric . Together they formed the Crazy Malamute project . After the single Welcome to the Dorian Gray , the two parted ways in 2000.
In the meantime, DJ Dag emigrated to the USA, where he lived near San Francisco . At the end of the 1990s the family moved back to Germany and at the beginning of 2000 to Ibiza. After his divorce he returned to Germany.
In 2007 he founded the project The Flowmasterz with Peter Laupenmühlen (PeteL.) , Where they recorded the download album Intriguing Visions and joint appearances at Nature One . In 2010 DJ Dag published together with Dr. Moth the single Sunfighter . In 2011 the single What Is a Policeman followed , in 2012 the single A Wayward Angel .
- 2011: The Vinyls (digital album, Mato Music)
- 2011: Partners in Crime (The Unreleased Trax) (digital album, Mato Music)
- 1994: My Ol 'Lady (as BIA)
- 1995: The Future Is Ours (as BIA)
- 1997: It's Inside My Soul
- 2001: Give Me a Break
- 2002: Latin Lovers
- 2002: People of the Main (Release Yourself)
- 2005: On My Own (as DJ Dag Project)
- 2012: A Wayward Angel (as Dag Lerner)
- 2013: Bottom of the Ocean (as Dag Lerner)
- 1993: Techno Trance - Trip One (4xMC with Sven Väth , Marc Spoon and Jeff Mills )
- 1993: Logic Records Mastermix (MC)
- 1994: The Omen (MC)
- 1996: In the Mix - Join the Tribe
- 1997: hr Clubnight Volume 1
- 1999: Club Mix Volume One
- 2000: Club Mix Volume Two
- 2000: Mixed Emotions
- 2001: Mixed Emotions Vol. 2 - Final Live Mix at the Dorian Gray
- 2003: Essential DJ Mixes Vol. 1
- 2005: 20 Years of DJ Madness - Timeless Classic
- 2000: Adlernebel (with Peter Kuhlmann ) - Adlernebel (interGROOVE / Fax + 49-69 / 450464)
- 2017: DJ Dag & Gabriel Le Mar - Skatalite / Selectas Choice (LP, Complexx Music)
- 1989: Hanta Yo (with Mischka Iljine) - The Joker
- 1992: The Odd Company (with Rolf Ellmer ) - Swing in Trance
- 1992: The Volunteers (with Steffen Britzke ) - Sun Down
- 1994: Dag & Alan - Another Hot Day at the Bay / Stoner
- 1996: Scorpio Rising (with Hans Jörg Nonn ) - Protect Mururoa / Nagasaki
- 2001: Ground Warriors (with Frank Tomiczek ) - faithful to death
- 2001: The Customizers (with Boris Bruchhaus) - When I Get Stoned
- 2005: Ryan Halifax - La Putina Bonita / Pimp My Bass
- 2010: DJ Dag Meets Anne Clark - Full Moon (Remixes)
- 2010: DJ Dag vs. Dr. Moth - Sunfighter
- 2013: DJ Dag & Matthew Kramer - LSD
- 2013: DJ Dag & Matthew Kramer - Space
- 2014: DJ Dag & Matthew Kramer - Follow Me
- 2014: DJ Dag & Jam El Mar - Meet Again EP
- 2015: DJ Dag & Matthew Kramer - Omen Ade (digital)
- 2018: DJ Dag & Matthew Kramer - Bullet's Don't Lie (digital)
- 2018: DJ Dag & Matthew Kramer feat. Linda Rocco & FAB - Running Up That Hill (digital)
- 2019: DJ Quicksilver & Dag - Zulu
With Dance 2 Trance
With Crazy Malamute
- 1997: The First Chapter (Lunatec)
- 1998: El Niño (Logic Records)
- 1999: The Collection (compilation, Lunatec)
- 1996: Stratocaster
- 1997: Braveheart
- 1997: Braveheart Mixes
- 1997: A Good and Decent Man
- 1997: The Promised Land
- 1998: Free to Ride
- 1999: Can't Get Enough
- 2000: Welcome to the Dorian Gray
- 2000: Touch & Go
- 1991: I Will Fight No More Forever (Remix)
- 1991: The Shaman's Call
- 1992: Alcatratz
- Enrico Sauda: That's why DJ Dag likes to act as the villain in crime scene crime novels. In: Frankfurter Neue Presse . March 8, 2019, accessed March 8, 2019 .
- Huber Verlag: Frankfurter Trance-Legende: DJ Dag. Tattoo magazine, accessed March 8, 2019 .
- DJ Dag in an interview - it all began 30 years ago today. In: FAZEmag -. June 17, 2015, accessed on March 8, 2019 (German).
- DJ Dag: “Today the sound sometimes sounds too sterile”. In: trndmsk.de. Accessed March 8, 2019 (German).
- DJ Dag | trancearchiv.de. Retrieved March 8, 2019 .
- DJ Dag vs Dr. Moth - 'Sunfighter'. In: Soundcloud . Retrieved March 8, 2019 .
- Chart sources: DE
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Lerner, Dag (real name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German trance DJ|
|DATE OF BIRTH||2nd September 1960|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Mörfelden near Frankfurt am Main|