Strigl studied in Vienna and did his doctorate with Wendelin Schmidt-Dengler on Theodor Kramer . She publishes essays and reviews in national media such as Der Standard , Die Presse and Literatur und Critique . Since 2007 she has been teaching modern German literature at the University of Vienna . From 2003 to 2008 and since 2011, Strigl was a juror for the Ingeborg Bachmann Prize . In October 2014, however, she surprisingly gave up her jury work. In a press statement called it as the reason for the withdrawal is that they in January after the departure of Burkhard spiders from ORF regional studios-Carinthia had been asked to chair the jury. After she had given her approval in July, however, she was unloaded again because it had been decided to propose Hubert Winkels as chairman . In 2009 she was a juror for the German Book Prize and since 2013 she has been a member of the jury for the Leipzig Book Fair Prize . Since 2009 she has also been a member of the five-person jury of the Franz Tumler Literature Prize and the Bremen Literature Prize .
- 2001: Austrian State Prize for Literary Criticism
- 2007: Max Kade Essay Prize
- 2013: Alfred Kerr Prize
- 2015: Berlin Prize for Literary Criticism
- 2019: Johann Heinrich Merck Prize for literary criticism
Works and editorships
- Where no one is at home, I am at home. Theodor Kramer, local poet and social democrat between the fronts , Vienna 1993
- (Ed.) Walter Buchebner : time made of cellulose. Poems , Graz 1994
- Marlen Haushofer . Biography, Vienna 2000 ISBN 3-546-00187-7
- (Ed.) Women don't understand fun , Vienna 2002
- (Ed.) In the basement. The underground of the literary awakening after 1945 , Vienna 2006 (together with Evelyne Polt-Heinzl)
- (Ed. Together with Konstantin Kaiser and Miguel Herz-Kestranek ) In which language do you dream? Österreichische Exillyrik , Verlag der Theodor Kramer Gesellschaft , Vienna 2007 ISBN 978-3-901602-25-2
- (Ed.) Together with Herbert Ohrlinger: Grenzgangs - The writer Karl-Markus Gauß , Zsolnay Verlag, Vienna 2010 ISBN 978-3-552-05513-1 .
- (Ed.) Walter Buchebner : I the owl from Vienna. Poems, manifestos, diaries , Vienna 2012
- Walther Rode . Aspects of his biography , together with Roland Knie and Alfred J. Noll , Czernin Verlag, Vienna 2015, ISBN 978-3-7076-0556-3
- To be famous is nothing. Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach : a biography , Residenz Verlag, Salzburg / Vienna 2016, ISBN 978-3-7017-3340-8 .
- Everything has to be done by myself. Biography Critique Essay (= Graz lectures on the art of writing . Volume 1 ). Droschl, Graz 2018, ISBN 978-3-99059-012-6 .
- Please stay behind , October 8, 2010, via announcement texts in Vienna's public transport system
- Brussels, fire protection, education: bureaucrats in a building frenzy , June 22, 2012, on fire protection measures at the University of Vienna
- The locked out , May 27, 2020, about the COVID-19-related ban of the University of Vienna
- Literature by and about Daniela Strigl in the catalog of the German National Library
- Short biography and reviews of works by Daniela Strigl at perlentaucher.de
- Bachmann Prize jury: Daniela Strigl leaves. In: kaernten.orf.at. October 7, 2014, accessed November 23, 2017 .
- Press release October 7, 2014 by D. Strigl ( Memento of the original from October 11, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Juror profiles for the 2015 Leipzig Book Fair Prize ( Memento of the original from May 8, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link has been inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Franz Tumler Literature Prize 2013 (PDF)
- Archived copy ( memento of the original dated November 26, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- "Who kerrs?" Alfred Kerr Prize for literary criticism 2013 to Daniela Strigl , Börsenblatt dated March 14, 2013, accessed May 11, 2015
- Literary critic Daniela Strigl receives Merck Prize 2019 , Salzburger Nachrichten of July 12, 2019, accessed on the same date
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian literary scholar|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1964|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Vienna|