In 1994 Brandau began a two-year training as a sound assistant at Creative Studios Hamburg. After completing his civil service, he came to the radio station Antenne Niedersachsen through an internship . There he moderated some of the regional news for northern Lower Saxony and Hamburg. At Alster-Radio in Hamburg he got a volunteer contract. In total, he worked there for eight years as an editor, presenter and news anchor. He has been with NDR since 2007, initially as a reporter and since 2011 as a presenter for the radio station NDR1 Welle Nord in Kiel.
As a child, Dennis Brandau sang in Herbert Kauschka's children's choir. He took guitar lessons and taught himself to play the drums. In 1992 he founded his first school band. This was followed by the formations Voyeur and Line 610. In the Heimfeld group, he switched from drums to singing. The band played at the Hamburg Harbor Birthday or at the rock spectacle on Hamburg's Rathausmarkt. It broke up in 2009. Since then, Brandau has played solo with an unplugged program.
In 2012 the unplugged duo Brandau & Röschmann started on behalf of the NDR for its "Summer Tour" series of events; Brandau & Röschman have been a permanent part of the program.
Dennis Brandau is the singer of the blues rock formation GAIN7.
His first solo album "Endlose Straßen" was released on October 30, 2019.
Dennis Brandau tried his hand at dubbing with small supporting roles in B-Movies and gained a foothold in the industry. He lent his voice to actors and now works mainly for games.
Roller synchronous (selection)
- 2006 Serge Houde as Bill in "Fight against Cancer"
- 2007 Joe Mategna as Richard in "Nine Lives"
- 2008 Mark Strong as Mannie Miesel in "Flashbacks of a Fool"
- 2008 John Novak as Sherriff Trap in "Murder in the Luxury Villa"
- 2008 Danny Glover as George Carvey in "Poor Boy's Game"
- 2008 Peter Coyote as Elliott Arthur in "The Lena Baker Story"
- 2008 John Ortiz as Willie Colòn in "El Cantante"
- 2008 David Mattey as Toxic Avanger in "Citizen Toxie - The Toxic Avanger IV"
- 2009 Stephen Fry as Mordecai Tormer in "Eichmann"
- 2009 Alan Blumenfeld as Dr. Schwartz in "The TV Set"
- 2009 David Rasche in "The LA Riot Spectacular"
Cartoon / animation:
- 2007 narrator in "Cantinflas Show"
- 2008–2009 First Officer Tim in "Best Ed"
- 2010 - 2013 fire eater in "Gormiti"
- 2011 Red dwarf in "It was never in wonderland"
- 2011 - 2012 Merle in "Redakai - The Hunt for Kairu"
- 2010 - 2015 Gort in "Puppy in my Pocket"
- 2010 - 2014 Mr. No Hands in "Hero 108"
- 2011 announcer in "Winter Games 2011"
- 2011 Coach in "Supermodel"
- 2012 Officer in "The Lord of the Rings online"
- 2013 Garan Marethi in "Skyrim - Dawnguard"
- 2015 Commander in "Evolve" 2016 Mason in "Fall out 4 - Nuka World"
- 2017 Ghostrider in "Lego Marvel Superheroes 2"
- 2018 Khajiit in "The Elder Scrolls"
Dennis Brandau is married and has two children. The family lives near Kiel .
- Dennis Brandau at Discogs (English)
- Dennis Brandau in the German dubbing file
- Dennis Brandau on the NDR website
- Dennis Brandau's website
- NDR: Dennis Brandau. Retrieved March 24, 2019 .
- REPORTER & AUTHOR. Retrieved March 26, 2019 .
- Solo - Dennis Brandau. Retrieved October 31, 2019 .
- Dennis Brandau - Endless Streets at Discogs
- dubbing. Retrieved March 26, 2019 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German radio presenter, musician and voice actor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 6, 1976|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Hamburg|