|DvH Medien GmbH|
|Seat||Stuttgart , Germany|
|management||Oliver Finsterwalder, Rainer Esser|
|Number of employees||2420|
|sales||EUR 484 million|
|Status: December 2017|
According to its own information, DvH Medien is closely linked to the Georg von Holtzbrinck (GvH) publishing group, which is controlled by Dieter Holtzbrinck's half-brother Stefan von Holtzbrinck , whereby DvH focuses on the press and consumer magazines, while GvH focuses on book and specialist magazine publishers.
On June 1, 2009, Dieter von Holtzbrinck and his siblings agreed to sell his shares in the Georg von Holtzbrinck publishing group. In return, part of the corporate media was broadcast to his own company:
- The Tagesspiegel Group ( Der Tagesspiegel , Second Hand Group , Bootshandel-Magazin , meinberlin.de )
- The Handelsblatt publishing group (including Handelsblatt , Wirtschaftswoche , Vertriebswirtschaft , Der Betrieb ).
Three smaller publishers remained with GvH: the specialist magazine Lebensmittelpraxis , the book publisher Schäffer-Poeschel and the language publisher Spotlight .
- 50 percent of Zeitverlag (weekly newspaper Die Zeit ) and its operational management. The other half of the ownership shares remained with the GvH.
- The advertising marketer IQ Media Marketing GmbH . He continues to work for GvH.
- 50 percent of the GBI-Genios business database . The other partner remained the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung GmbH.
The existing cooperation between the media of GvH and DvH should, according to the intention of the groups, be continued and expanded even after the division. This applies in particular to the areas of online, IT and advertising marketing as well as to events.
The Berlin city magazine Zitty was sold to Raufeld Verlag GmbH on April 1, 2014 .
According to the consolidated financial statements filed in the Federal Gazette, DvH Medien remained consistently in deficit.
As of November 25, 2019, the following development of sales, group loss and number of employees results:
|As of December 31||2009||2010||2011||2012||2013||2014||2015||2016||2017||2018|
|Sales (in million euros)||154||385||414||404||409||413||425||444||484||503|
|Year-end result (in million euros)||-25||-24||-15||-20||-27||-0.4||-20||-6||-9||-12.5|
|Number of employees||1468||1728||1747||1797||1854||1813||2007||2150||2420||2688|
* Rounded to even amounts.
- DvH Medien GmbH annual financial statements as of December 31, 2017 in the electronic Federal Gazette
- Million : Dieter von Holtzbrinck buys half-brother newspapers and magazines in Spiegel Online on March 26, 2009
- Dieter von Holtzbrinck also becomes a specialist publisher in Horizont from March 27, 2009
- Dieter von Holtzbrinck acquires stakes in the national newspapers of the Georg von Holtzbrinck publishing group ( Memento from March 29, 2009 in the Internet Archive ), GvH press release, March 26, 2009
- DvH Medien GmbH: Consolidated Financial Statements. Federal Ministry of Justice and Consumer Protection, February 6, 2020, accessed on February 16, 2020 (The individual consolidated financial statements can be seen if you search for DvH Medien and then enter a captcha to protect against bots.).